Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Karma at a dealership on Thursday . Never seen or heard of em before but I had to have it and I love it so far. Just trying to figure a few things out. I drove 3 hours to Atlanta today to get software updated as the radio loses memory every time I shut it off for a few min and Bluetooth just won't pair. The nav is also stuck in California and won't let me search for a city in Amy other statw even tho the GPS tracks my location perfectly. The tech at the dealership said my software was up to date and needed a new touchscreen module. He did get the check engine light off tho so I guess I was worth $160....lol. On the way home I noticed that the pyramid for drive and reverse flashes randomly when I drive it. Is this normal and just little irritating quirks I'm going to have to live with or is there a way to just make the car operate as it should? Either way I love the car....just OCD when things don't function as they should I guess

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Welcome to the club! I've had mine for almost 3 years, and I still get questions and stares. The random flashes are, in fact, intentional. You are seeing into soul of your Fisker.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Welcome to Fisker Aaron. I am too in ATL, and I assume you were at Classic Caddy. They are good there...

If you head back this way, let me know..

1. The random flashing is nothing to worry. I understand it is in the software, and related to the background diagnostics running. It will cause no issues.

2. Look very closely to the bottom left of the Nav Screen. A little hard to see is sunlight, but there is a "Change State Button".

3. I don't recall the Bluetooth pairing, it is contrary to the book. I will look at the sequence tomorrow and see if I can recall how it works. I just repaired mine to a new Samsung, and it works great for both music and phone.

4. If Bernie checked and your software is up to date, you have all the latest stuff and you should have no problems with normal operations of the infotainment center.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You can reflash the CIU even though it has the latest sw. Usually solves the memory loss issue. If not it needs a CIU.
The flashing PRND is a hardware fault. There is a Service Bulletin to replace the PRND to correct this. Every car does it and its harmbut some clients find it distracting. I replaced it in every one of our customers cars when they were in for service back in the day.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Aaron... just to follow up.
Change the nav screen to Address, then look at the bottom left part of the screen. There is a "grey" STATE button. It is just above the "defrost" indicator.

On pairing: Make sure your phone bluetooth is on; go to the phone screen press the Phone + button. It looks like a little phone square with a + next to it. There is a x (delete) button also to remove any devices that may have been left over. Once you press the + button the CIU will start scanning. Place your phone in the scan mode also. The bluetooth should discover and give you a code to place in the phone.

good luck

FiskerP... thanks for the clarification on the PRND... mine has "flashed" for some time. Will check on it next time in the service shop. The memory lost is random for me... will check on re-flashing CIU also. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Also if you get a failure on the instrument cluster PRD you need to make sure they checked the HCU for the latest software . I actually had two cars in today that had 510 but the HCU wasn't updated .

The memory lose problem is a bad CIU don't waste your money trying to reflash it .The car still might have a basic warranty the dealer can submit your VIN and see if the car qualifies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help. I'm having the ciu changed next week. I've also noticed that when I get in the car in the morning it says there's 49 miles of range on the battery but I only get about 20 to 22 which is interstate driving.when it gets down to about 8 miles to go it drops to zero in about 10 seconds. Does that mean I'm having a battery issue?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts