Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This article just popped up on my Facebook feed, and it has what are claimed to be actual photographs, and not renderings. Not a whole lot of surprises here, but good to see some views of the actual car, albeit probably in modeling clay, than computer-generated renderings. There are 3 more photos in the article.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Love the intended doors, but the EMotion just doesn't have the proportions or visual impact of the Karma assuming the concept will be close to production reality like before. Henrik states it's all about style, but what I've seen thus far he's having to make the reality compromises and trades of function over form, which is a big departure and more marketable from where the Karma had its foundations (form over function).

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Love the intended doors, but the EMotion just doesn't have the proportions or visual impact of the Karma assuming the concept will be close to production reality like before. Henrik states it's all about style, but what I've seen thus far he's having to make the reality compromises and trades of function over form, which is a big departure and more marketable from where the Karma had its foundations (form over function).
Its a matter or preference, but I like the evolution that Henrik has demonstrated in the E-Motion. BTW I liked the Atlantic as well for the same reason - FORM and FUNCTION make a better automobile. While I agree Karma is a work of ART, its functionality is not as practical - that makes my Karma a garage queen , while the Atlantic or Emotion would be a better use for daily use - Just saying!

·
Leo Parker
19 Posts
Great innovation. The car looks so attractive to me. Fast charging technology that can provide 100 miles of range in nine minutes of charging. More detail of this car are going to be revealed next month, So I am waiting for the next month to get more detail about this amazing car.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I'm loving it so far. The question is, if one does decide to buy one , will it be a mistake to pre-order? or wait until a couple of thousand are made and most of the bugs are ironed out. I hope my emotions are in check when they release it (pun intended).

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
And this is the first full-scale Photo of the entire car

The proportions are very different from the Karma, because there is no need for the long sloping bonnet any more, but still very pleasing, IMHO.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think it has some nice styling that follows the Fisker image. I love the intended features and for me, these could be a major part of its value. I also understand why it has a higher profile than the Karma, but I do wish it sat as low and sleek as my Karma. If it was, I'd be rushing to get on the pre-order list.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Everyone who knows I have a 2012 are forwarding me stories about the Emotion. Lot of them (the stories) have some of the facts wrong, but if the Emotion stats were true, it would be miraculous.

But how much of this can actually be true? Wouldn't tesla already have a 400-range car that charges in 10 minutes if it were possible? You don't just come from out of nowhere and make a better car than Elon. Or Karma Automotive, for that matter, who have a factory, tons of employees, A123 as a sister company, and billions backing them - even with all that, KA has only been able to come up with a refreshed 2012.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Everyone who knows I have a 2012 are forwarding me stories about the Emotion. Lot of them (the stories) have some of the facts wrong, but if the Emotion stats were true, it would be miraculous.

But how much of this can actually be true? Wouldn't tesla already have a 400-range car that charges in 10 minutes if it were possible? You don't just come from out of nowhere and make a better car than Elon. Or Karma Automotive, for that matter, who have a factory, tons of employees, A123 as a sister company, and billions backing them - even with all that, KA has only been able to come up with a refreshed 2012.

The thing I don't get is how it went suddenly from the graphene batteries (essentially the holy grail of battery technology that can accept huge amounts of power and is very dense) to the ubiquitous NMC (LG is the main innovator in this space same chem used in Volt, Bolt, Focus EV, new Leaf, our upgrade Karma packs etc)- and still retain the 400 miles of range and 9 minute/100 mile charging.

Lets say conservatively the vehicle consumes 320Wh/mile so at the minimum he would need a 130kWh pack- similar to what the Lucid Air's capacity is- to get 400 miles of range. I guess its doable. But Lucid has been working since 2007 on its design (previously called Atieva).

If FI pulls it off it within the time frame they have laid out, that would be unbelievable.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
The thing I don't get is how it went suddenly from the graphene batteries (essentially the holy grail of battery technology that can accept huge amounts of power and is very dense) to the ubiquitous NMC (LG is the main innovator in this space same chem used in Volt, Bolt, Focus EV, new Leaf, our upgrade Karma packs etc)- and still retain the 400 miles of range and 9 minute/100 mile charging.

Lets say conservatively the vehicle consumes 320Wh/mile so at the minimum he would need a 130kWh pack- similar to what the Lucid Air's capacity is- to get 400 miles of range. I guess its doable. But Lucid has been working since 2007 on its design (previously called Atieva).

If FI pulls it off it within the time frame they have laid out, that would be unbelievable.
Henrick is an innovator in design but technically he relies on others , so I would suspect he was fed some info and is going with it for the appeal -- have we forgotten the Fisker Karma pre-delivery hype? 50 miles of range, over 100 eMPG ~ 5s 0-60 - and the design was nice. He kept his promise on the looks and we all know the rest -- so emotion is a teaser and I'll wait this time for the goods. If he delivers even 80% of what he claims and the car has the Quality, Reliability and backing from deep pockets -- then and only then will I be a buyer. There will be lots of choices in the next 3-5 yrs , so let the competition begin -- my checkbook is ready for another horse in my stable. :D

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Henrick is an innovator in design but technically he relies on others , so I would suspect he was fed some info and is going with it for the appeal -- have we forgotten the Fisker Karma pre-delivery hype? 50 miles of range, over 100 eMPG ~ 5s 0-60 - and the design was nice. He kept his promise on the looks and we all know the rest ...
Not to mention the price. When I sent in my initial order and deposit in 2008, my Fisker Karma was supposed to cost $85K before the Federal Tax Rebate. When I finally took delivery of my car in 2012, it cost $117K before the rebate, which makes my a bit skeptical of the $129.9K starting price of the E-Motion. Not saying I would not buy one, but will have to wait and see what is offered and at what price, when it is actually available.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
That is exactly why I paid my $5K deposit in 2008 to lock in my price at $100K for my #72 . It was a bet that the price would creep up.But, it was a $5K gamble. What if they never made a car? Then I would be a $5K loser. I got lucky, I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is exactly why I paid my $5K deposit in 2008 to lock in my price at $100K for my #72 . It was a bet that the price would creep up.But, it was a $5K gamble. What if they never made a car? Then I would be a $5K loser. I got lucky, I guess.
Paradoxically, Karma's signature edition series (the first 100) turned out to be a good deal because their price was fixed at $100K. The non-signature edition cars ended up more expensive because their price was not guaranteed. The deposits, IIRC were refundable on both series, so there was no real risk. Not sure what the situation will be with E-Motion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts