Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just surfing the net and came across this Karma just sold on Ebay.
YH4K14AA4CA000897
Owner states "I have recently upgraded the software last month to the latest version not even available at dealers yet see photos" he has new upgraded software not available "really"..I would like to know if there is some type of SW upgrade. Maybe these pics or vin can tell what software version he was running. He only had 900 miles on it.
It was ebay item #
SOLD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Did it actually sell? Any idea what price? Looks like it was a Chicago area seller and the Karma came from Cleveland.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not sure if this would fix what I'm experiencing:

When I first start up the car(and press"I agree"), the presets are gone and it takes the car 5 seconds to start playing the last media input type I was playing when it was shut down. It defaults to radio on start up and because it deletes my presets, all I hear is static from the lowest end of the frequency spectrum. When it finally kicks in to USB, 80% of the time, it plays at the beginning of the first track, not where it left off. As far as I know, I have the latest "Official" 510 software update. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried both keys and get the same issue.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if this would fix what I'm experiencing:

When I first start up the car(and press"I agree"), the presets are gone and it takes the car 5 seconds to start playing the last media input type I was playing when it was shut down. It defaults to radio on start up and because it deletes my presets, all I hear is static from the lowest end of the frequency spectrum. When it finally kicks in to USB, 80% of the time, it plays at the beginning of the first track, not where it left off. As far as I know, I have the latest "Official" 510 software update. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried both keys and get the same issue.
Mine acts fickle as well. When in BT connect mode with samsung galaxy it suddenly switches to radio. Im sure to ask Lormax about this when he comes to town in 3wks.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
It seems to be hush hush... But if it improves my karma I want it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The software does have some bugs sometimes it doesn't switch from day mode to night mode right away. Defaults back to the wrong secondary time and one of my customers said the Nav locked up one time but was fine after letting the car go to sleep . Another point is if you don't like it the original software can be re installed which is the 510 software

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
After using this software now for a few months....I have to say it's surely not perfect...but I still like it much better. I found when it locks up, press the voice command button and tell it to "Quit" and it typically switches back to normal function.
Bottom line ..Bluetooth with the Samsung GIII still sucks, only had nav lock up once, I typically need to use the "quit" function noted above after ending a phone call using Bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
An Ipad works great as a navigation alternative :)
Both Ipad and Iphone need to be online to get location data. A phone is always connected, so that's not an issue. To use an Ipad for navigation, you need to have one with a cellular connection and an account, or you have to use your phone as WiFi hotspot (or have a MiFi-type card that does that) so that the Ipad can get location information, which means you will have to pay a monthly subscription fee for what the car gets from GPS satellites for free.

We are not talking a lot of money, $25 - $40 / month, but still annoying.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts