Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm not big on posting messages in public forums but thought this one would be appreciated by the Fisker community here. I recently had some issues with my Karma (mostly my fault) and had to take it in to get it looked at by FiskerTech. I used that opportunity to tweak my rims a bit and was going to go all black. However, on advice of FiskerTech, I went the other way.... Wanted to share a pic and thank Adam for having the awesome vision.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Agreed. They look excellent on the car.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Looks great, I really like it. I can not imagine, which color would fit to my shadow...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yes, I have a set here that I'm offering to have painted color to match a white car if someone's interested. I'm glad I got to see a picture.
The other set I'm doing black.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm not big on posting messages in public forums but thought this one would be appreciated by the Fisker community here. I recently had some issues with my Karma (mostly my fault) and had to take it in to get it looked at by FiskerTech. I used that opportunity to tweak my rims a bit and was going to go all black. However, on advice of FiskerTech, I went the other way.... Wanted to share a pic and thank Adam for having the awesome vision.
awesome!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
My top 5 Fisker colors

1. LAGUNA BLUE

next 4 in no order
WHITE EARTH (has the most sparkle in the sun) BLACK INFERNO
but in reality they all look great rolling down the boulevard:)

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Is there a dealership still active around your area ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Harleyguy

Yes there is active service dealer - Fields Auto Group. We have 3 dealer one in Northfield (Chicago suburbs), one in Florida and one in British Colombia, Canada.

As far I can remember we close or sold the one in Canada but one Florida is up and one that I'm out of in Northfield active.We servicing most of the midwest now and it has been like that for quite some time. I get cars from all over.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anytime Alex.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also have some issues with my rims and the front corners of the bumpers. The body shop suggested repainting the rims silver and since he will be painting the minor scratches on the bumpers he thought painting the black inserts the same color as my car which is Earth diamond dust. Has anyone seen this done? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
The other set I'm doing black.
I would do it in gunmetal grey or hyper black (black chrome) and keep the black insert or make it a contrast light grey or darker grey insert.

I always felt black wheels get washed out with black tires and you really don't see the wheel design. The karma turbine look wheels are great looking and shouldn't be hidden with a "black out".

Look at the grey gunmetal OEM wheels on a Mercedes SL65 as they contrast on white, silver, burgundy, etc color cars...its stunning

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I also have some issues with my rims and the front corners of the bumpers. The body shop suggested repainting the rims silver and since he will be painting the minor scratches on the bumpers he thought painting the black inserts the same color as my car which is Earth diamond dust. Has anyone seen this done? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks
That sounds interesting, post pictures if you do so please. The last time I had my rims repaired (aka painted) the shop also suggested painting to match my deep ocean color. I didn't go for it, but in hindsight, it might have looked cool.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I always felt black wheels get washed out with black tires and you really don't see the wheel design. The karma turbine look wheels are great looking and shouldn't be hidden with a "black out".
You are so right! My winter rims are black, and they do not look anywhere near as sharp.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Fabulous look! The white rims on the white Karma is stunning.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Harleyguy

Yes there is active service dealer - Fields Auto Group. We have 3 dealer one in Northfield (Chicago suburbs), one in Florida and one in British Colombia, Canada.
I bought my car from Fields in Northfield (Chicago), but I had the impression even back then (in mid-2013) that they were discontinuing their Fisker operations, including selling all their parts stock. I'm surprised to hear you are there and working on the cars - the more the merrier.

·
Registered
829 Posts
It's way easier to keep your rims clean if you live somewhere nicer!! (I, having moved from Gurnee to Scottsdale, should know. :D )

1 - 20 of 21 Posts