Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am proud to have joined the Fisker Karma family last Thursday night.

After leasing a Volt in July 2012, I realized quickly that I would never buy another "regular" car again. Plus, I strongly believe the EV-ER concept with the ICE is the way to go until batteries, charging speeds and convenience of charging locations catch up to eliminate range anxiety inherent with pure EVs.

Ironically enough, I started my search by looking at the Tesla Model S on Cars.com...and then decided to peek at Fisker Karmas. I have always loved the looks and styling of the Karma, but frankly stopped paying attention to them once FA went bankrupt. Seeing the many pictures of the Cars.com ads rekindled my passion for the Karma.

After 3+ weeks of research...reading tons of threads on this forum...researching Wanxiang Corp and their purchases of A123 Systems and FA...and most importantly, talking to folks like Sportsmeddoc and Lormax (I will sing my praises of Lormax separately in the sticky thread), I pulled the trigger last Thursday night.

Lormax completed an inspection for me of the car on Thursday afternoon and I drove it off the lot on Thursday night. My drive home from LA to PHX on Friday night was the best 8 hour drive of my life (yes, 8 hours to go 392 miles...thanks to 3 hours to go the first 50 miles just to get out of LA - gotta love Friday rush hour LA traffic).

As you already know, this car is a dream on the highway and I love driving in Stealth mode only around town. I even completed my first waterless car wash with Meguiars on Sunday and loved every second of it - and I haven't hand washed a car of mine in almost 20 years!

I want to close by saying that the commitment, passion and loyalty of Karma owners on this site was a big factor in my decision to move forward. I look forward to many years with my Karma and will continue to stay active on this site.

Cheers,
WATTGAS

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well, welcome to the family! As dysfunctional as some families are - this one is at least interesting! I know you will continue to find that driving your Karma makes you fall in love with cars all over again!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Congratulations. I'm sure you will absolutely love your car. I took delivery of my Karma on December, 22nd of 2011. It has been an amazing car and I still love it. I now have 19K miles on it and tomorrow, I will replace my tires.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Seeing the many pictures of the Cars.com ads rekindled my passion for the Karma.
Hi WattGass, Welcome to the club. I've had mine since May 2012, and still love the car. I have a question... are there really paid ads for the Karma on cars.com? If so that is great news. Also... Did you buy your car new with the new warrantee?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Steven - My car had 1,159 miles and it was a 3rd party exotic car dealer...so no warranty. The VIN is 2204 so more towards the end of the production run.

On the Cars.com ads, I meant the resale postings for each Karma. Sorry for the confusion.

As an aside, it's crazy how much hate folks spew about Fisker on the Tesla Forums. Good thing I didn't look at those before I bought the Karma! :)

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Steven - My car had 1,159 miles and it was a 3rd party exotic car dealer...so no warranty. The VIN is 2204 so more towards the end of the production run.

On the Cars.com ads, I meant the resale postings for each Karma. Sorry for the confusion.

As an aside, it's crazy how much hate folks spew about Fisker on the Tesla Forums. Good thing I didn't look at those before I bought the Karma! :)
Hate is a form of envy when the object of hate is inate and can only stir an emotion based on perception (ie can do, or did, no wrong). The Model S is a excellent car; The Karma is art on wheels - The Telsa forum has fanboys as does the Fisker forum , but since Karma sales were under 2000, less of them -- it's a statistical thing ;-)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A Picture

Sounds like you got a nice one - congrats! Post up some pics when you get a chance.
Good idea - here you go!

Not sure why it posted like a thumbnail, but I will upload more later once I figure out how to more easily pare down the file sizes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Interesting - I have seen your car before - almost bought it actually - it was owned by Fisker corporate for a while and sat idle until it was sold with hardly any miles on it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yea that car has been around the block (auction) a few times. It was sold at Manheim a few months ago to the dealer in NB. Great car barely had any miles on it for the longest time. I believe it had HCU problems before it was sold though but I am sure all that has been fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
All the best. I love my Karma. I have had it two months and built some nice friendships because of this site.

Joe

Fort Lauderdale

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yea that car has been around the block (auction) a few times. It was sold at Manheim a few months ago to the dealer in NB. Great car barely had any miles on it for the longest time. I believe it had HCU problems before it was sold though but I am sure all that has been fixed.
Not sure where you're getting your information from, this car has never seen Manheim.

SoCalGuy is correct on the history of the car.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Not sure where you're getting your information from, this car has never seen Manheim.

SoCalGuy is correct on the history of the car.
This car was for sale on Manheim Riverside for several months, also this car was one of the Fisker Karma show cars at the LA Auto Show in 2012. When the car was originally sold last year there was a problem with the HCU and it had to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Philips putting their cars on Manheim, and getting them from Manheim, are two very different things. They did not purchase this specific Karma from Manheim. The other cars posted on the list, I couldn't say.

As far as what kind of deal the OP got, I stay out of the numbers. I got involved once and it bit me hard. Never again.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Philips putting their cars on Manheim, and getting them from Manheim, are two very different things. They did not purchase this specific Karma from Manheim. The other cars posted on the list, I couldn't say.

As far as what kind of deal the OP got, I stay out of the numbers. I got involved once and it bit me hard. Never again.
When FA was doing the firesale of corporate cars all of them were on Manheim. Are you an auto dealer?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Nope, definitely not a dealer. When I think of Manheim, I think of the auto auction location out in the 909. I can't say for all the other cars FA was selling off, but I do know this car was not picked up at Manheim. I was there when it was sold to the buyer through FA. I serviced the car a couple times until he put it up for sale on commission at Phillips. Again, I'm only talking about this car here.

Quite a few of them were sold directly to Anaheim Mitsubishi or Anaheim Pre-Owned Cars. A couple ended up at Puente Hills Subaru, which is operated by Anaheim Mitsubishi. At least one of the cars at Anaheim Mitsu was dumped through wholesale after it failed a buyers pre-purchase inspection.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts