Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
New Fisker Owner
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

After many years of being in love with the Fisker look and technical idea, and months of trying to find the right one - I finally bought one (from the Rolls Royce CSP in Montreal). I also own a BMW i3, but the range anxiety (and weekly need to rent a car to get me where I needed to go) finally rationalized my purchase.

12,000km, practically new (dealer plastics on the carpets, even), only a few scuffs. I've never been so in love with a car - pretty much everyone I see stops me on the street to ask me what I'm driving. It's not a head turner. It's a stop-and-get-out-of-your-car-to-stare-in-the-window car.

BUT, I have some issues. Any chance for some help?

1) Passenger Door Button Stuck - The passenger door "OPEN" button is stuck down. Worked fine when I picked it up - but it suddenly stuck and won't come back up. Door works fine to open from the emergency ring, and from the outside (you hear the door motor fine). Any idea how to fix?

2) Windshield Washer Sprayers Don't Work - Oddly enough, every 5th time you press it, the headlight sprayers come up and spray (totally cool!), and you hear the pump run, but otherwise, nothing happens.

3) Sudden Charge Loss Issues
- Every once and a while, my 50km of power disappears after parking it. ?!
- Last night, while driving, 40km of range suddenly dropped to 0, then started creeping up again to 20km.
- Going onto the onramp onto a highway - with 50km of electric range, the car JOLTED, hard, and the engine came on, battery suddenly was at 0.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! Glad to be part of the party!

Incidentally - why doesn't everyone share their ID? I mean, there are only a few thousand of us?

Treefrog

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
1) Passenger Door Button Stuck - The passenger door "OPEN" button is stuck down. Worked fine when I picked it up - but it suddenly stuck and won't come back up. Door works fine to open from the emergency ring, and from the outside (you hear the door motor fine). Any idea how to fix?
I would think it's gummed up try cleaning it with a fine tool in the cracks or you'll have to pull the manual panel and see if you can access it from there. Worst case you'll have to pull the panel off the door.

2) Windshield Washer Sprayers Don't Work - Oddly enough, every 5th time you press it, the headlight sprayers come up and spray (totally cool!), and you hear the pump run, but otherwise, nothing happens.
I have no idea on this, any fluid leaking in the engine? I would check the hose lines and see if any are disconnected/broken and the fluid is leaking out the travel path.

- Last night, while driving, 40km of range suddenly dropped to 0, then started creeping up again to 20km.
- Going onto the onramp onto a highway - with 50km of electric range, the car JOLTED, hard, and the engine came on, battery suddenly was at 0.
Sounds like you should bring it back to the CSP and have them look it over. I would assume they have codes they can pull.

Incidentally - why doesn't everyone share their ID? I mean, there are only a few thousand of us?
I'm Jomak, I live in Atlanta and I'm happy to meet up with any owners and trade stories!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
@Treefrog, There are others who have greater expertise on this than I do, but the sudden range drop is a classic symptom of unbalanced cells in the battery. You can try to re-balance the cells by drawing down the battery down to 0 miles and then leaving the car plugged in to a charger after it is fully charged until it stops drawing any power, which takes many hours. If that does not work, you may have to replace the defective cell(s), which would require specialized tools and training only available at certain dealers.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
The switch getting stuck down is common all you need to do is use a small thin bladed knife and adjust the switch button so it's centered in the opening again.
The windshield washer pump is more than likely isn't working the headlights use one pump and the windshield uses another . If you work the washers and don't hear anything it's the pump if you hear it and nothing coming out the hose can be pinched under the cowling or where the hoses go into the wiper arms.
Your last problem sure sounds like a module or more are going bad or are bad a CSP needs to confirm .
Oh by the way the washer tank is behind the left front fender .

·
Registered
859 Posts
Treefrog:

Using 50 km instead 80 km (or 50 miles) of EV range tends to undermine your claim about being a long-time follower of this car. So if you are a real owner instead of an admitted "lurker," please provide your VIN. Besides establishing credibility and being welcomed with great enthusiasm, members of this board may be able to look up the history of your car.

My apologies if it's just a typo. Our tech experts and other devotees have spent a lot of personal time to help owners, so I just want to be sure you are not taking advantage of their goodwill.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
What SW rev are you on?

530 removed battery balancing @SoCalGuy had a similar issue after being on 530 for the past few months. Go back to a BECM software rev that allows for balancing or the delta may be too great to recover. Will take a while for the battery to balance.

Best thing is to take it to a CSP and get a print out of the cell deviations.

·
New Fisker Owner
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Incidentally - I took the car back to the Fiskar/Karma dealer in Montreal (Frank, from Rolls Royce) - and they fixed the problem completely. They indicated they had to replace battery cells, but as I had recently bought the car, they replaced it for free.

Note: I'll be buying all future cars from them, if I can help it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts