Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just purchased a Fisker and I am having it shipped to NY from Atlanta. I would appreciate any feedback from existing users on the car. I would mention that classic cadillac/Fisker in Atlanta were a delight to work with and I would highly recommend them to any potential buyers

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Hi I just purchased a Fisker and I am having it shipped to NY from Atlanta. I would appreciate any feedback from existing users on the car. I would mention that classic cadillac/Fisker in Atlanta were a delight to work with and I would highly recommend them to any potential buyers
Welcome to Fisker ownership!

I definitely recommend you poke around these forums, and familiarize yourself with the Search feature. Chances are, if you have a question or get stuck on something it's already been discussed and dissected here. If there's anything specific you would like feedback on, just ask - I think you'll find a lot of knowledgeable owners and Fisker enthusiasts here willing to help.

I also purchased my Karma from Fisker of Atlanta, and I agree they are a superb group of people. I couldn't be happier with their service and the whole ownership experience.

Now post some pictures of your new Karma - as they say around these forums, "Pics or it didn't happen!"

Brent

·
Registered
854 Posts
Any reason you're getting the car shipped from Atlanta instead of going to a closer dealer? Wonder if there are any dealer supply issues after the Karmas lost to flooding from Sandy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bought mine in Atlanta as well.

I bought my car in Atlanta as well.
I've had the Karma since February. I've had a few bugs (nothing major at all) through the honeymoon period, but must say the last two software updates have my car perfect. No ck engine light...nothing. Car is perfect. I have over 6k miles and love it more each and every day. I average over 86 mpg ea month and driving never gets old!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Besides making sure the software is the most current version, I'd suggest you
1. Consider clear bra (I wish I had done entire hood rather than just halfway up)
2. tinting, if you decide to do it, include front windshield with clear. The tinting has made it no problem for me to see command center, though without it, some have complained of a glare.
3. Get Slightly larger window-wiper blades (there is a post somewhere about the extra inch longer size)... It improves visibility in the rain. Also do a Rainex treatment on front and back windows.
4. Get Bluetooth dialed in at dealer. It isn't hard, but good to see how to pair it, before you roll off the lot.
5. Have dealer do the break squeak sanding fix (I read about it here, and need to bring mine in wi my 5k service in a couple of weeks... and this may avoid the squeak when you come to a stop.)
6. Fan recall - make sure that was performed. (I think that is the only recall item).
7. Get Brent's spreadsheet for tracking miles and service - I use it on numbers on the iPad and it is really useful to have started it on day 1 of ownership.

I hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

·
Registered
164 Posts
For first few weeks I would suggest NSM treatment (No Sudden Moves). That means while entering the car wait few seconds before hitting the starter button (always hold the brake pedal first), do not rush Agree button or Command Center in general, do not press gas tank button by accident (next to trunk button) as this triggers ICE mode, just aproach your Karma with eternal calm. Somehow Karma never responds well to rushing. Hopefully 510 system which I will have installed in two weeks might change that perception, but as in any relationship, start slow :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
What a difference a week makes :) Exactly one week ago yesterday got my Fisker Eco Chic, magnificent exterior color Deep Ocean, Glacier Tri-tone interior. Approached it very slowly after coming out of my Beemer and able to work everything in my sleep, running thoughts where what am I doing, I am too old for this (61). But, being an obsessive woman, I would carry my manuals, magnifying glass w/light, coffee and sit in my car to experiment every detail and function. I can say I am 87% familiar with it, have all my settings figured including easy entry/exit, navigation, dimmers, chimes, etc.

Car drives like a dream, solid, quiet and responsive! Hard to believe its weight and being longer than my Beemer, having the parking assist is terrific. Some noise when applying brakes, but not enough to deal with it now. Got mine from Warren Henry Motors in South Florida and service upon delivery and information was tremendous.

First thing I DIDN'T have to do this weekend? Go to the gas station :)!! Still at the stage of parking far from every other car and guess after that first "ding" and going through apoplexy, I'll get even better used to this gorgeous work of art.

Will look into clear front glass tinting as mentioned above by Rex. Definitely bright sunlight washes out the screen.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
syl118, thanks for making me smile this morning. I predict you will have a wonderful owner experience. Your attitude is magnificent. I've had mine for almost a year now (11 months) and still no door dings! Love my car.
Cheers,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been a Fisker Karma owner for about 8 months and LOVE it! I live on Long Island and have about 2,500 miles; with a average mpg of around 180 ! Welcome and enjoy.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
I've had my Karma for almost a year and 7500 miles. I park in regular parking spaces and have yet to get a door ding. Seems that everyone shows the Karma's gorgeous looks more respect than they do other cars. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
New Karma owner as of Nov 20, 2012...

Hello All,
LOVE THIS CAR! Amazing machine! Ocean Blue ext., tri-tone brown interior. Great service from Marvin K. Brown here in San Diego. "Rumble problem" when car warmed up under heavier work load was a a simple low tech fix by MKB's very knowledgable tech(s). (in and out in two hours) I have owned other sports cars over the years... ALL have had their quirks yet, in their own way were beguiling. With 1200 miles on the car I am averaging 102 miles per gallon. This includes daily commutes and HARD driving as well as longer 120 and 200 mile round trip commutes. At the finer hotels the valets charge it up for free. At the restaurants the valets park the Karma in the better places up front. An unforeseen issue is that allmost every where I go I come back to my car to find folks taking pics and asking questions. Being a car guy who enjoys the technical aspects, I find myself raving about all the many merits of the vehicle. My wife and daughter fit comfortably and love the car! My daughter's golf bag and mine fit nicely in the back along with our shoes, etc. Eight brown bags of groceries, two gallons of milk and two dozen eggs all fit neatly in the trunk for Sunday grocery shopping. I could go on and on. I am a proud owner and am thourghly enjoying this car! :)

·
Registered
784 Posts
I've had my Karma for almost a year and 7500 miles. I park in regular parking spaces and have yet to get a door ding. Seems that everyone shows the Karma's gorgeous looks more respect than they do other cars. :)
No door dings here either. But then, I do try to park it as much as possible away from other cars if there is space. And I have to admit I sometimes take 1,5 or 2 parking spots to prevent someone from parking close to me and slaming door to door (we have small parking spots in The Netherlands that often are not compatible with a car that is 2 meters wide). No angry faces yet. People seem to understand that this beautiful car needs some more space. They would probably be less lenient if a Ford pickup did the same (SUV's are not very popular here).

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hello All,
LOVE THIS CAR! Amazing machine! Ocean Blue ext., tri-tone brown interior. Great service from Marvin K. Brown here in San Diego. "Rumble problem" when car warmed up under heavier work load was a a simple low tech fix by MKB's very knowledgable tech(s). (in and out in two hours) I have owned other sports cars over the years... ALL have had their quirks yet, in their own way were beguiling. With 1200 miles on the car I am averaging 102 miles per gallon. This includes daily commutes and HARD driving as well as longer 120 and 200 mile round trip commutes. At the finer hotels the valets charge it up for free. At the restaurants the valets park the Karma in the better places up front. An unforeseen issue is that allmost every where I go I come back to my car to find folks taking pics and asking questions. Being a car guy who enjoys the technical aspects, I find myself raving about all the many merits of the vehicle. My wife and daughter fit comfortably and love the car! My daughter's golf bag and mine fit nicely in the back along with our shoes, etc. Eight brown bags of groceries, two gallons of milk and two dozen eggs all fit neatly in the trunk for Sunday grocery shopping. I could go on and on. I am a proud owner and am thourghly enjoying this car! :)
Great story! I recognize a lot of things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts