Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving in a huge rain storm last friday I started hearing a rattling noise coming from around the left front muffler area. I no longer have a dealer to call so I'm waiting on a reply from Fisker. I thought that this was a known issue I've read about but can't find. ???

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
MArkansas said:
After driving in a huge rain storm last friday I started hearing a rattling noise coming from around the left front muffler area. I no longer have a dealer to call so I'm waiting on a reply from Fisker. I thought that this was a known issue I've read about but can't find. ???
It could be the heat shield vibrating on the muffler. Scroll down in this thread for a picture.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
MArkansas said:
Is the rattling noise present all the time or only when the engine is running? The usual source of rattling noise is the heat shield around the muffler, but that's limited to when the ICE is running. See the posts starting with this one for a more detailed explanation.

If you are hearing a rattling noise in Stealth mode, this is probably not the cause.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dennis said:
MArkansas said:
It could be the heat shield vibrating on the muffler. Scroll down in this thread for a picture.
Thank you[hr]
Fabulist said:
MArkansas said:
Is the rattling noise present all the time or only when the engine is running? The usual source of rattling noise is the heat shield around the muffler, but that's limited to when the ICE is running. See the posts starting with this one for a more detailed explanation.

If you are hearing a rattling noise in Stealth mode, this is probably not the cause.
Thank you

·
Registered
435 Posts
since my karma only charges 11 miles in 10hours( it is brand new but going to the dealer next week) i tried the sport mode driving in city.
It sounds terribly from time to time, a lot worse then a diesel engine, and i dont think it is just the heatsheild since i can hear a lot of noice standing outside of the car.

is it really supposed the sound like this?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Without hearing it, it's tough to say Michael. It could be the heatshield. It could be the hanger mount at the end of the exhaust. It could be a cover plate contacting the resonator. It could be a broken exhaust (though that also usually comes with a MIL).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts