Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new here and reading up as much as I can on the Karma before beginning a search for the right vehicle. I currently own an Audi A8L, but am very interested in the Karma. Thanks to all for such a great and positive forum. I've been on some (especially BMW for some reason) that are oddly contentious. It's great to see a group of people who are truly committed to helping each other out.

I used to see a Karma here in San Antonio, but haven't seen one in a couple of years. If anyone knows of a member here, please let me know. I would love to connect with them and talk about the car. I plan on finding one at least close so that I can actually experience hands on soon.

Looking forward to the search, and thanks again for all of the great information.

·
Registered
334 Posts
@Hughey - welcome! You will love the car more than any other you've ever owned, just be sure to take your time and find the right one.

My advice is contact @FiskerPhilly first. His name is Joe Ferrante, and he owns a certified repair shop in New Jersey, and he has been refurbishing and selling Karmas. Joe was one of the mechanics (along with @Harleyguy) that helped keep Karmas on the road when Fisker Automotive was bankrupt.

The benefit of buying a car from Joe is that you will know you're buying a car without any known hidden issues. It's very common for 2nd hand owners to buy a Karma from "out in the wild" and have issues only days, if not hours, after driving the car home. In addition, his certified pre-owned Karmas may include a 2-year warranty (which you can no longer get on "out in the wild" Karmas).

As I've told others recently, it's easy to fall in love with every Karma you see. Be careful of Karma's that are "really cheap" - usually that means something is wrong with them. Good luck and take your time.

P.S. There is also an Owners Checklist sticky thread. Be sure to find that and read it thoroughly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I am not on any hurry to purchase, and will spend quite a bit more time informing myself of what I am getting into before purchasing. I have had two BMW 850s as daily drivers, so I know what it's like to drive a car that isn't made any more and that no one know how to repair correctly. I also know what it's like to drive a car that everyone stares at, and I don't get that so much with my Audi land yacht, although it is a fabulous car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts