Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

just a small introduction as a new member of this forum.

I am Dutch-based car lover..... just bought, by coincidence, a couple a weeks ago a Fisker Karma Ecochic from 2012 (planning to do a lot of KM with it). Love the lines of this car, in my opinion timeless.

During the first 2000 KM a couple of minor problems ....but everything solved thanks to this forum :).

Next week the first visit to the dealer......for a check and a inspection of possible "oil" leak at the rear part of the car. They already informed me that possible orders for spare parts could be very difficult.

I do hope, for all of us, that there will be a future for Fisker Automotive.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Welcome

Hi guys,

I am Dutch-based car lover..... just bought, by coincidence, a couple a weeks ago a Fisker Karma Ecochic from 2012 (planning to do a lot of KM with it). Love the lines of this car, in my opinion timeless.

During the first 2000 KM a couple of minor problems ....but everything solved thanks to this forum :).

Next week the first visit to the dealer......for a check and a inspection of possible "oil" leak at the rear part of the car. They already informed me that possible orders for spare parts could be very difficult.

Cheers.
Welcome to the Forum, and I look forward to your contributions. Hope that the problem is easily fixed. There are some independent technicians and Fisker engineers who would be great resources for tracking down parts or information and don't hesitate to post questions or requests.

But more importantly, and more urgently, please post some photos of your car because as we say around here: "Als er geen foto, het is niet gebeurd." :D

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Hi guys,

Cheers.
Parts can be purchased just going to cost you a fair amount let us know what you need

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Forum, and I look forward to your contributions. Hope that the problem is easily fixed. There are some independent technicians and Fisker engineers who would be great resources for tracking down parts or information and don't hesitate to post questions or requests.

But more importantly, and more urgently, please post some photos of your car because as we say around here: "Als er geen foto, het is niet gebeurd." :D
please find pictures of my car. Was wearing winter wheel because of restyling the originals rims. In the mean time I tinted the back window and a part of side windows.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Great color choice! Had not been a big fan of Earth initially but I have to say its grown on me the last few weeks. I still like the silver most, but Earth is tied for 2nd with Deep Ocean in my book!

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
please find pictures of my car. Was wearing winter wheel because of restyling the originals rims. In the mean time I tinted the back window and a part of side windows.
Beautiful car. Congratulations!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
@ SoCalGuy, thank you. I bought the car standing inside a showroom. I was astonished when the car was outside and the sun was shining over it.....I love Diamond Dust :).....Deep Ocean is vrey nice and Laguna is awesome....may be I will wrapp the car in that colour.
@ Fabulist, thank you.

·
Fisker R&D and Build Tech
35 Posts
I think you can find all the service capabilities you will need at Kroymans. Tell Stephan I said Hello.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ Lormax and Harleyguy thank you for the info.

In the meantine I came with the same diagnosis with my little technical notion :eek:.

Comming week I will be at the dealer but with the news of Lormax I know already that no solution for the problem in short time.
I think that is the big frustration of all Fisker owners....warranty yes but no spare parts .....:thumbdown:

@ Brugge I will say hello to Stephan.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'll be working on a local solution to have those seals custom made. Hoping to know more in about a week or so. They've already made the traction motor seals for me that were previously unavailable, so I'm pretty confident that they can make this seal as well.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Low Lands, I have the same issue with my car. I took the heat shield down, just 4 screws, and wiped down the differential and cleaned off the heatshield. Mine doesn't drip much. Lormax and I are keeping an eye on it and we'll decide what to do next.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@ Lorma, please keep me updated fot those seals.

@ Deep Ocean, thank you for the tip....I will ask the technician to do the same.

·
Fisker R&D and Build Tech
35 Posts
RDM Issues

this is it.
For your information it looks like the pinion shaft seal is leaking on the RDM. I have seen several of these. I have seen the seal cut a groove into the shaft and I have also seen the nut for the pinion come loose and that generally means a RDM and possibly a motor.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
For your information it looks like the pinion shaft seal is leaking on the RDM. I have seen several of these. I have seen the seal cut a groove into the shaft and I have also seen the nut for the pinion come loose and that generally means a RDM and possibly a motor.
Can the seals that are behind the axle side of the RDM be replaced ??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts