Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i just got a Fisker today, bought it a week ago, i picked it up today from a shipper, we met at a location since i live in a tight street. Anyways i'm super excited i get there, the car is on , everything is fine, but the CEL is on and i drive to wash it since it's dirty as **** and i get home stop the engine and close then door then BAM, i'm locked out , the Key fob won't open the doors, i used the manual key to open the car and nothing inside is on!!! wow!! Is this the 12V battery? i also found another thread where a guy had water come inside his car and the vcm got wet or something and he just had to wait until it dried for it to come back to normal, can this be the cause? since i took it to the car wash??

Help!! :) and looking forward to be part of this community!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
Hi guys, i just got a Fisker today, bought it a week ago, i picked it up today from a shipper, we met at a location since i live in a tight street. Anyways i'm super excited i get there, the car is on , everything is fine, but the CEL is on and i drive to wash it since it's dirty as **** and i get home stop the engine and close then door then BAM, i'm locked out , the Key fob won't open the doors, i used the manual key to open the car and nothing inside is on!!! wow!! Is this the 12V battery? i also found another thread where a guy had water come inside his car and the vcm got wet or something and he just had to wait until it dried for it to come back to normal, can this be the cause? since i took it to the car wash??

Help!! :) and looking forward to be part of this community!!
Hi. Sorry to be captain obvious, but the first and easiest step would be to put fresh batteries in the Keyfob to make sure they are working correctly. There is also a way to use a fob with a dead battery to start the car, but it is a lot easier to just put fresh batteries in the fob.



If fresh batteries in the key fob do not solve the problem and your 12V battery is dead, you should be able to jump start the car, like any other car, to get it restarted. Follow the instructions in this video:


Good luck, and welcome to the community.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
If you had to use the manual key and still nothing even interior lights came on or instrument cluster didnt wake up after opening door than its a dead 12v. Dead VCM probability 5%, dead 12v probability 95%.
Or your scenario since it was fine one minute, we've seen several times one of the 12v battery terminals is loose and making poor contact. The cable terminals are too big on the car and can fully close and still not be tight enough on certain aftermarket batteries allowing air/moisture to get in the connection and eventually corrode. I'd bank on that or throw a new 22v in it for piece if mind and clean the terminals real good while you're in there. Make sure they are tight. Use Interstate MT5-48/H6 battery it's the best fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for the fast responses wow!! I got a new battery for the FOB last night, it needed it anyways but that wasn't the problem so this morning i jumped started it like a normal car and it did turn on, but i noticed when i did that, it gave me a huge spark!! anyone know why??? the thing wouldn't even clamp down on it but it got the spark it needed, i guess i should have trickle charged it.

FiskerPhilly, yes in this case it was the 12v being low, i ran the car for a bit and let it sit while being on for about 25 mins, now it seems normal, but i'll take your advice and just get a new 12, i don't wanna keep jumping since i've read around that this might piss off the VCM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
This car requires a ton of amperage to wake up and keep systems running like electric power steering. When the 12v is dead your jump source has to supply the 30+Amps to do so. Thus the lightning.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top