Fisker Buzz Forums banner

New Karma came today!! Mirror issue.

7K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Deep Ocean 
#1 ·
My 2012 Karma EcoSport Black on Black came in this morning! Only issue I could not figure out is the driver's and passenger's mirrors folded in when the button was pushed but only the drivers side folded back out. I cannot get it to go back. HELP!! 628 software.

#5 ·
Second Day with the Karma

Thank you for all the help!!
Other than this issue and a bluetooth/iphone music issue, the second day with the Karma was great. Had a full battery and went about 35 miles on it with 4 to spare. (AC on and a little "let's see what this can do") First day with NO gas! Oh, and the stares are priceless!

#12 ·
Day 3. Just parked my Karma at a plaza and the front became hooked on a parking bumper. I backed out and it pulled the panel in front of the wheel off some. I was able to push all back on, but still terrified now! I will have to learn how, where, and what to avoid when parking! Whew!

#14 ·
Thankfully mine never got stuck - my habit now is erring on the side of caution - if its unfamiliar territory, I'll park a little further away, get out and check, then inch closer if needed. Better to be safe (and slow) than sorry!

#16 ·
I did it too, separated the bumper from the body pretty good. Had my body shop repair it like new. $500.00. Very expensive lunch. Too bad my wife didn't do it, could have blamed her, now she is one up on me.

#18 ·
Lormax, left you a pm but not sure if anyone has a good idea but I have oil dripping out of the front and back of the car. In front it is definitely dripping on the muffler box on the left hand side of the box. In back it looks like its coming out of the center motor housing at the bottom bolt. I can't see where the front drip is coming from. But it's a lot of oil. About 2 tablespoons in 4 hours. In back I'm afraid of cranking that bottom bolt for fear of cracking the housing. Any ideas?

#21 ·
@ deep ocean

Lormax was just out here in Phoenix doing some service on several of our cars and he pointed out that the motor mount can crack and has black hydraulic fluid inside- that is right in the same area and probably what you are seeing

#25 ·
I PM'd Lormax, but just so everyone knows, in the back its definitely gear oil coming out of the motor housing. Front of the back motor housing if that makes sense. I removed the heat shield, burned my hand(is that why they call it a heat shield?), felt toward the front of the back motor and got fresh oil on my hand. Its the part of the motor that has the 13 mm bolts.

On the front its definitely Engine Coolant. I checked all reservoirs after noticing that the "oil leak" was orange. only low reservoir was the engine coolant, and I very rarely use the ICE. I'm just glad its not the battery coolant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.