Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I pressed the start button this morning the ICE came on. Not unusual, of course, as it happens from time to time and I rarely use it, only this time it came on for about 3 seconds and then shut off. 3 seconds after that it came on again, and then another 3 seconds and - you guessed it - it turned off. It continued to do this On-Off-On-Off-On-Off until I shut her down completely. I got out, locked her, waited until the "P" went off, unlocked, pushed start, and the same process began again.
I was driving carpool to school so we had to take off either way. I tried SPORT mode for a minute, and when I shut that off the same process continued. About 5 minutes down the road the engine finally shut off for good and everything seemed fine.
Don't know if it's really an issue or if the software controlling the ICE was just having a bad morning.
Has anyone else had anything similar?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I've seen it before on a couple cars here. I don't know if it was related, but the customer was also having trouble filling his car with gas. It would kickback and shut off the gas filler constantly, making filling the gas tank a cumbersome process. This was one of the last issues that I was able to get feedback from Fisker on, and they had me replace the EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid.

If it keeps doing it, that may be something to look into.

·
Registered
479 Posts
In the past few weeks, someone else started a thread with this sort of problem. I don't have the sort of photographic memory that Fab does - but maybe he will post a link to the other thread.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
In the past few weeks, someone else started a thread with this sort of problem. I don't have the sort of photographic memory that Fab does - but maybe he will post a link to the other thread.
I think you are referring to this thread.

BTW, my memory is often aided greatly by the forum's search function, and I very enthusiastically recommend the use of that feature to members and lurkers alike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts