Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep your eyes open and hopefully this week Fisker News who is a member on the forum will release portions of a 3 page letter I received today that outlines some of the future plans Elux has with the Karma and how they will support the presents owners . Very promising news

·
Registered
888 Posts
Keep your eyes open and hopefully this week Fisker News who is a member on the forum will release portions of a 3 page letter I received today that outlines some of the future plans Elux has with the Karma and how they will support the presents owners . Very promising news

Thanks for the notice, but the name 'Elux' seems to be inevitable :(

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yes I had a long phone conversation with an upper level exec today. I cant reveal alot of what was said but I will say their primary Fisker cus before building new cars is straightening out the original karma for the current owners. They say their sole focus from now til year end will be on the current owners to help heal the wounds. I was given specific details of the good news to come but sorry I gotta keep my word.

Hint : keep a close eye on their website...

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Yes I had a long phone conversation with an upper level exec today. I cant reveal alot of what was said but I will say their primary Fisker cus before building new cars is straightening out the original karma for the current owners. They say their sole focus from now til year end will be on the current owners to help heal the wounds. I was given specific details of the good news to come but sorry I gotta keep my word.

Hint : keep a close eye on their website...
I feel like the kid who told Santa what he wanted and now has to wait the interminable days until Christmas finally rolls around.

Come on, we won't tell: What's in the stocking?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well ******* Is high up on the list .
So IF the number of "*" is literal, I came up with this so far as possibilities among the problem areas they plan to fix:

Battery
Muffler
RDM+TMs
6.6OBCM
Blue2th
Softwar

In all seriousness, I'm really happy for original owners as they deserve this type of great news.

As a second owner, this validates the trust (gamble?) I took on buying the car when Fisker was in bankrupcty. I can't wait to hear what's coming!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Not just original owners from what I gather. All owners will be included. As I told them, everyone driving a karma is an advocate for them.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Not just original owners from what I gather. All owners will be included. As I told them, everyone driving a karma is an advocate for them.
This is not an act of kindness. The car is not really mass-market ready in its present I-am-a-unique-snowflake form, and the technology in it was already on the verge of being obsolete because of all the delays when the car was released in 2012. In order to sell Elux (I really don't like that name) Number 1, particularly for $135K, they need to bring it up to current standards. I would be shocked if the changes are anything like a new battery, there is plenty of opportunity in things like Software, Infotainment unit, ICE-Generator connector, exhaust, etc. that may be able to be retrofitted to the current cars.

Still, progress is progress.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Current owners best marketing tools for the new company and free advertisement .. this is very smart move , let them drive the car encourage them to drive it more and more with out worrying about battery ,rdm failing coupler Etc,.

How many times people behind you googled the car , and when you park they ask questions and take pictures

Car Tire Water Vehicle Wheel

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
888 Posts
What is the story behind it?

We know the Fisker logo. The tesla logo also is connected to what the name stands for ....

This one looks more like 'uncertainty' ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tbh, all rah-rah ethnocentricity aside, I never gave a **** about the name of this car. My car is murdered out including the logo. More than one enthusiast/aficionado gave criticism over why I don't show the name and be proud.

I do politely answer the question from naive admirers over what the car is/was called, but I'm much more concerned with how this NEW company treats and interacts with me as their customer, then some of the things that the Old company forced me to figure out due to their ineptitude and/or ambivalence.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I like the picture. Pretty cool start from an advertising perspective.

If you look carefully at the dash, you can see the familiar climate control "circle" on the touchscreen. Guess that's not getting redesigned in the new software! :-/

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
wow Watt...u must really have good eyes. I can barely make out the top of the dash, much less anything on the CIU.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.