Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used Black on Black Standard from Union Park in Wilmington, and I live in the Phila Suburbs. I have been looking at the Fisker since it was launched and finally the timing was right to get the car. I've only had it a week and I look forward to driving it all day long. I think some of the critical dialogue that exists about the car is plain silly. We as Fisker owners are driving a unique and exclusive vehicle. I wanted a hybrid, but not one that was as generic as a prius, Tesla etc. The fact that there are less than 2k cars on the road, makes it worth the premium in my opinion. You can spend the same $ and get a Panamera hybrid and be among 100,000 other Panamera Owners. I like the exclusivity, and I give alot of credit to Fisker in developing such a complex and striking car. I just wish the Surf had made it into production. We are the vanguard for people who want a car that truly has a design to it, not the generic 'safe' ho-hum body styles that bridge across all the car manufacturers today, and also give a nod to a environmentally responsive car. I dont care that it wont have the same effective MPG as a Tesla, or Prius or Volt. Nobody stares at those cars, and gives you compliments.

My only complaint is the lack of storage nooks that we are used to in modern cars. As much as I appreciate the design intent of the clear cover to the center console, I just see a waste of usable space. I am thinking about cutting out the sections of plastic above the 2 recesses and either making a container to sit in them, or just provide access to this space. Has anyone tried this yet?

Glad to be on board.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
EcoSport or EcoStandard?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I've only had it a week and I look forward to driving it all day long. I think some of the critical dialogue that exists about the car is plain silly.
So true!

I haven't tried any modifications, so can't comment on the storage question. I have a little leather envelope/pouch that I keep in the door pocket, and that works well as additional storage for items I can't fit into the middle storage compartment.

·
Registered
546 Posts
@Arch Fisker: My initial impression of the Fisker was that storage might become a problem. But after owning my Karma for going on 4 months, I've been happily surprised to find I have plenty of storage. My advice to you would be to live with the car for a few months before you decide to cut into interior panels.

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the club!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts