Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a proud owner of the Karma. Flew to Miami to drive it back to Atlanta and rides wonderfully! I have had this vehicle about a month now and the check engine light has come on. :( The car just reached 10,000 miles and is a late VIN. I purchased it with 8,300. Code reads P0A80, P0011...so took it to the only place that I am aware of in Atlanta (Classic Cadillac) and they are looking at it tomorrow. I hope is nothing major. No so happy right now...but fingers are crossed. I don't drive the car very often and it stays garaged since I have another vehicle I use when I need to get around. The previous private owner that I bought it from has had the 5,000 and 10,000 mile down on the vehicle and said no issues. I even had it checked out before purchase and no issues. I was told t reach out to the "@HarleyGuy" on this forum as well.

Anyone suggestions or has anyone else had these codes appear?

Still :heart: my car!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am a proud owner of the Karma. Flew to Miami to drive it back to Atlanta and rides wonderfully! I have had this vehicle about a month now and the check engine light has come on. :( The car just reached 10,000 miles and is a late VIN. I purchased it with 8,300. Code reads P0A80, P0011...so took it to the only place that I am aware of in Atlanta (Classic Cadillac) and they are looking at it tomorrow. I hope is nothing major. No so happy right now...but fingers are crossed. I don't drive the car very often and it stays garaged since I have another vehicle I use when I need to get around. The previous private owner that I bought it from has had the 5,000 and 10,000 mile down on the vehicle and said no issues. I even had it checked out before purchase and no issues. I was told t reach out to the "@HarleyGuy" on this forum as well.

Anyone suggestions or has anyone else had these codes appear?

Still :heart: my car!

@Char10 - congratulations on your purchase and if Classic Cadillac is at 7700 Roswell Road, then you did the right thing as they are the certified repair center (called a Customer Support Provider by the New Fisker). I suggest you also register as an owner at the new forums at www.thenewfisker.com.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's the place. They were very nice and I am just anxious. Thank you for the information. Going to register right now!

·
Registered
829 Posts
First -- don't panic. The car gives a lot of codes. One of your codes is one that I get (P0A80), but the other I don't get. I've been getting it since January, I am having a battery module replaced this month to correct it (under the CSP program!! :) ). Do you get all your Stealth miles, or when you get down around 10 Stealth mile range left, does it suddenly plummet to 0 in about a block? But, then charges back to "normal"? You should take a ride with a CSP tech and their laptop plugged in and they can track all your modules.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. The car is at the CSP provider currently so I am just waiting to hear back. I will post the diagnosis once I know something .

I did notice the other day that there is a slight rattling (under the hood) when the car is not above the speed of 40mph. Little annoying but rides smooth. Curious where that is coming from.?. Again love the car and its definitely glad for this forum.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Thanks for the information. The car is at the CSP provider currently so I am just waiting to hear back. I will post the diagnosis once I know something .

I did notice the other day that there is a slight rattling (under the hood) when the car is not above the speed of 40mph. Little annoying but rides smooth. Curious where that is coming from.?. Again love the car and its definitely glad for this forum.
The rattling is likely to be the exhaust heat shield. Search these forums for "Rattle", "Raddle" (yes, really) and "Heat Shield" and you'll find lots of discussion. The good news is that it's an easy fix.

Brent

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Since you made the trip to Miami you should of called me before you purchased the car I could of given it the once over before you bought it. Please post the VIN or email me the VIN and I can tell you if we were the original selling dealer . Have 520 done while its in the shop but have the codes read before 520 is done

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Harleyguy ...Sure the vin# is YH4K14AAXCA001746. The person that I bought it from said that you had looked at it previously as well as Adam at Fisker Miami and had all the records for the vehicle. I spoke with the people here in Atlanta at Fisker and asked them to do the 520 while its in the shop there as well as deal with the codes. Thanks for the info. Let me know if you have any information for me on my vehicle. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I am happy to say I finally got my car back and it appears all it needed was the Baseline 520 updates. Nothing appears to be wrong with the car! Codes are gone and she is running great! Thanks for all the help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts