Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
We have completed development of passive entry for the 2012 Fisker Karma. Your phone's Bluetooth in conjunction with the TOM unit will allow you to lock and unlock your vehicle without having to physically take out the Key Fob and press the lock/unlock buttons.

Simply pair your phone with the TOM unit and walk up to your vehicle with your phone and it will unlock, walk away and it will lock. Demo video below.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
We have completed development of passive entry for the 2012 Fisker Karma. Your phone's Bluetooth in conjunction with the TOM unit will allow you to lock and unlock your vehicle without having to physically take out the Key Fob and press the lock/unlock buttons.

Simply pair your phone with the TOM unit and walk up to your vehicle with your phone and it will unlock, walk away and it will lock. Demo video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoqABl1FzBA
I really like the passive opening feature, but I don't like my car locking itself up without a positive action from me. I would assume that this is user configurable.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Cool feature!
Will it unlock, if the key is in the car, driving away from my phone?
My wife once had my phone in her bag, I dropped her off at a store and drove away...

Would I still be able to unlock the car from the inside ... just in case :)

Stefan

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool feature!
Will it unlock, if the key is in the car, driving away from my phone?
My wife once had my phone in her bag, I dropped her off at a store and drove away...

Would I still be able to unlock the car from the inside ... just in case :)

Stefan

Yes the existing locking system works as it currently does. This just allows an additional option of hands free locking and unlocking of the vehicle via Tom unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am curious as to why you would waste time and resources to update a vehicle that was woefully obsolete when it first was produced. You should stop now and put your efforts towards something that will bear the fruits of your labor. Any money spent on the vehicle greater than the cost of a Car Wash is money wasted.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I am curious as to why you would waste time and resources to update a vehicle that was woefully obsolete when it first was produced. You should stop now and put your efforts towards something that will bear the fruits of your labor. Any money spent on the vehicle greater than the cost of a Car Wash is money wasted.
I disagree. The Karma's reputation is that it is a pretty but anemic car. Many of the shortcomings, however result primarily from Fisker running out of time in 2011 and having to release an, essentially, unfinished car. @PowerSource is finishing the work Fisker started by applying engineering where it pays the greatest dividends for a relatively small investment. I think their work deserves praise and support. The Karma has the potential of turning into a really great car, not just a pretty one.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I disagree. The Karma's reputation is that it is a pretty but anemic car. Many of the shortcomings, however result primarily from Fisker running out of time in 2011 and having to release an, essentially, unfinished car. @PowerSource is finishing the work Fisker started by applying engineering where it pays the greatest dividends for a relatively small investment. I think their work deserves praise and support. The Karma has the potential of turning into a really great car, not just a pretty one.
This.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey power source,

I'm a proud Karma owner and
I've been reading about a program you all
Have made for the vehicle, ( adds other driving modes , charging options) im new
To the forum very interested in the program. What would this cost?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts