Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(New to me at least, and I don't recall seeing anyone else describe it here.)

This evening I went out for my usual Friday evening shopping, and made an extra stop at Home Depot to get more keys made (for the house, having moved in [yay! :D]). Upon leaving Home Depot, I got in the car, foot on brake, pressed EVer button, booting seemed to be going normally, then...

I noticed the green READY indicator on the dash was flashing, which it had never done before. Everything else seemed fine so I pushed "R" on the PRND pyramid and ... nothing happened! :confused: The car would go into N or P, but neither D nor R would work.

I did a "turn off, wait-2-minutes for PRND lights to go out, restart" sequence and it was still acting the same, so I figured it was time to call the roadside service number. They had me try another shutdown; this time, after the PRND light went out, they had me wait an additional two minutes, rather than restarting right away as I had already done. It worked! :thumbup:

I have the latest software (510) and it's clear that whoever I was talking to had experience with this bug, so whatever it is, it's not quite fixed in 510. It's definitely an annoying bug as it leaves one feeling quite stranded, but the four minute cycle thing seems to suffice. The guy on the phone implied that it might need to be repeated a few times in particularly stubborn cases, too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If the ready light is flashing there is a problem with the HV System. The vehicle will disable its HV System if an error is detected for safety reasons.
While HV System is disabled, you will not be able to select a drivegear ( D or R ).
The reason for this can be anything, missed signal, loose connector etc...
You should have your cars codes read if it happens again.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the ready light is flashing there is a problem with the HV System. The vehicle will disable its HV System if an error is detected for safety reasons.
While HV System is disabled, you will not be able to select a drivegear ( D or R ).
The reason for this can be anything, missed signal, loose connector etc...
You should have your cars codes read if it happens again.
Aha! This is of course yet another reason the car should have access to diagnostics through the Command Center: you could see what fault if any was detected, and read it off to someone over the phone for instance.

I offered to take the car in to the dealer but they did not seem to be interested.

I have a small hand-held OBD-2 code reader I could plug in to the Karma (if I knew where to plug it in), would that produce anything interesting?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Aha! This is of course yet another reason the car should have access to diagnostics through the Command Center: you could see what fault if any was detected, and read it off to someone over the phone for instance.

I offered to take the car in to the dealer but they did not seem to be interested.

I have a small hand-held OBD-2 code reader I could plug in to the Karma (if I knew where to plug it in), would that produce anything interesting?
More than likely all you'll get is just a generic fault code (if it hasn't already cleared itself)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts