Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do these things always happen on a Sunday?!!

After months of not seeing my CEL ... This morning at the store I had the light come on and my scanner is showing not 1, not 2, but 6(!!) codes: P1AAA P1671 P1AE3 P1674 P1CBE P0AC4

Any of those mean anything to anybody? Will be taking to my CSP tomorrow. The car seemed to drive perfectly normally, but it totally harshes your groove! :(

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey. Good news! The codes cleared themselves when I stopped on the way to my CSP. Corey's laptop read the codes anyway, and declared them to be low voltage communication errors between the 12 volt battery and the HCU. I recalled that the moment the errors came on I had glancingly hit my start button instead of firmly pushing it. So, I think it made a brief bad connection and caused the fault. After 4 "normal" starts following that, the computer decided to rescind the fault.

Meanwhile, as my battery is nearing 4 years old and has been through 3 Arizona summers, I'm taking Corey's advice and letting him replace the 12 volt -- so I don't have to wait to be stuck somewhere and in case it might have actually been the source of the fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi JCMorrill,

Here is the information for the fault codes you listed:

P0AC4: Hybrid Powertrain Control Module Requested MIL Illumination</SPAN>
P1AAA: Drive Motor "A" Control Module Hybrid/EV Battery System Voltage Low
P1671: Drive Motor "A" Control Module Internal Control Module Processor Performance
P1AE3: Drive Motor "B" Control Module Hybrid/EV Battery System Voltage Low
P1674: Drive Motor "B" Control Module Internal Control Module Processor Performance
P1CBE: Starter/Generator Control Module Hybrid/EV Battery System Voltage Low
Will you be scheduling an appointment with your local Service Provider? If so, ask that they send us a copy of any current DTCs so that we can provide further assistance.

Have you registered at the forums on KarmaAutomotive.com? For future concerns, I suggest submitting a post there. I just happened to see this one on the Buzz. Anything posted at Karma Automotive has far more visibility to us.

thanks, and let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I am on both -- regularly. I had planned to put the same item on both sites if I wasn't able to get Corey's help this morning. However, I figured that ... on a Sunday ... the most likely quick response would have been from Philly or Harley out here. You guys are more corporate M-F! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts