Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got notified by Blink that they are taking reservations on a new, simpler, and cheaper version of their charger, called the Blink HQ. Click on the photo below for the website.

I have the first generation Blink equipment and it has worked flawlessly since I had it installed and was well worth the $1400 price, IMHO. This one does not appear to have all the features and will be cheaper, so it may be worth looking into if you are in the market for a less expensive home EVSE. It also comes with a $100 Blink card, which is pretty useless in Northern California since the only Blink chargers around here are at Ikea and are free anyway. But if you live somewhere with Blink chargers around the card may be useful.

Full disclosure: I have no financial interest in Blink. Just passing this on as a PSA in case you have not heard about it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The $100 card is pretty worthless as it is valid for 6 months..
Regarding the charger, their delayed charge is in 2 hours intervals, that's kinda limiting, why couldn't they design a 30 mins interval solution..?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Regarding the charger, their delayed charge is in 2 hours intervals, that's kinda limiting, why couldn't they design a 30 mins interval solution..?
On the existing Blink charger I can program the charging window to start/stop at any time down to the minute. I have mine set to charge between 12AM and 7AM when my electricity rates are the lowest. It works flawlessly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On the existing Blink charger I can program the charging window to start/stop at any time down to the minute. I have mine set to charge between 12AM and 7AM when my electricity rates are the lowest. It works flawlessly.
Good info! Thanks Dennis...

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The $100 card is pretty worthless as it is valid for 6 months..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I think this is meant to be a simpler and cheaper EVSE so it does not have all the bells and whistles of the full-featured one. I have the original Blink charger and it can be programmed to start at a specific time, and even a different time on each day, to take advantage of time-sensitive rates. It is also connected to my WiFi network and I can monitor, start and stop it remotely. The HQ is simpler and it is going to cost half as much as the original one, so if you don't need all the complex features, this one may suffice.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
They still have a Blink charger in the Fisker of OC showroom. It's been great, worked flawlessly since day one. May want to give Jeff there a call and make him an offer on it, considering they won't need it for too much longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts