Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't think it's so much a "change in the force" (or the attitudes of reviewers in general) as it is the way the various reviewers view cars.

"Consumer Reports"-ish reviewers don't care how the car looks or drives (other than "can we make it roll over"), they care about whether you can load it up with eighteen giant boxes from Costco, and how easy will it be to wash out the interior after the baby's diaper falls off and the dog barfs all over everything. For their purposes, the Karma is a big lose: you pay an awful lot for this appliance, you can't load it up with 100 gallons of Crisco and 200 pounds of flour, and that smell is never coming out of the leather.

"Road and Track"-ish reviewers don't care how expensive the car is, they care about how it looks and drives, and whether you'll still be happy about sitting in it after taking it on a 400-mile road trip. For their purposes, the Karma is a huge winner: it's fun, and after 400 miles in the saddle, you're ready to drive another couple hundred miles.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, but I've lost count of how many synopsis articles I've ready claiming that Consumer Reports auto review was "authoritative" when they don't normally even review luxury cars!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts