Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work today, I encountered a substantial traffic backup resulting from an accident on I280 blocking two lanes. While crawling along at speeds between 0 - 10 MPH for 8 miles was annoying, I was happy that the slow drive was extending my battery range, and sure enough, I made the full 45-Mile to my office with battery power to spare. The ICE-powered cars, by contrast, were being delayed AND wasting fuel. Driving an EV is win-win. You are either making great progress, or you are extending your range - never a bad day. :D

·
Registered
859 Posts
Driving to work today, I encountered a substantial traffic backup resulting from an accident on I280 blocking two lanes. While crawling along at speeds between 0 - 10 MPH for 8 miles was annoying, I was happy that the slow drive was extending my battery range, and sure enough, I made the full 45-Mile to my office with battery power to spare. The ICE-powered cars, by contrast, were being delayed AND wasting fuel. Driving an EV is win-win. You are either making great progress, or you are extending your range - never a bad day. :D
I agree. I used to get uptight in my '97 Jag in stop and go traffic knowing I'd be getting around 12 mpg and polluting the air. In the Karma, I don't care all that much about the slow traffic, and it gives me the opportunity to acknowledge other drivers who are smiling or giving me a thumbs up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I agree. I used to get uptight in my '97 Jag in stop and go traffic knowing I'd be getting around 12 mpg and polluting the air. In the Karma, I don't care all that much about the slow traffic, and it gives me the opportunity to acknowledge other drivers who are smiling or giving me a thumbs up.
Wait "till you guys get your HOV lane rights and get a choice. I realize it is an old sore spot but up here in Ontario, Canada, we have a green designation, although I will some times take a pass as a single occupant so I don't create angst among the uninformed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts