Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nobody ever seems motivated to go our there and write an essay on what a great place it is that they work. :D

Pity about our species.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would not listen too closely to Glassdoor. Human nature tends to focus on negative experiences more than positive so you will likely and inevitably find more negative reviews than positive. At work, you make your own destiny. No one else's experiences can validate a place of work as good or bad. Each case is different.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We have seen this story before with previous Fisker. We did not want to believe that anything bad was going on behind the scenes and kept thinking positively. I saw on the Karma facebook page that the main engineer that is in charge of the Karma program is now looking for a job. I don't see how this coupled with the sheer number of negative glassdoor reviews can be spun to be positive. Where there is smoke there is usually.....Deja Vu!

If you look at companies like Tesla and early on with original FA most of the employee reviews were extremely positive and oozed excitement.

·
Registered
829 Posts
KA has only 13 reviews out there. That's a pretty dinky sample (next to, for example, Tesla, which had 409). I don't think it's enough to make any meaningful prediction other than it's not all roses over there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Why not just talk to current and former employees and make an informed intelligent decision? I am certain their contact info is easily found online via LinkedIn or any other site.

We are just a bunch of car guys who like eclectic cars and wish every moment that Karma comes back to life......

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just visited the engineering facility with Joost and had a tour and great discussion about the current support for us owners and the development of the new Karma. I am 'revved" about their progress and their new product and it's tie in with our Fisker Karma. I see growing pains being managed but still feel strongly that I own a unique vehicle that is able to capture a segment of the car market going forward. I would encourage any owner to meet with Joost if they are in the Costa Mesa area.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just visited the engineering facility with Joost and had a tour and great discussion about the current support for us owners and the development of the new Karma. I am 'revved" about their progress and their new product and it's tie in with our Fisker Karma. I see growing pains being managed but still feel strongly that I own a unique vehicle that is able to capture a segment of the car market going forward. I would encourage any owner to meet with Joost if they are in the Costa Mesa area.
I contacted Mr. Joost and customer service earlier and they said that they had limited interest for me to visit because I was a beta tester for PowerSource. Apparently Karma Automotive has been following the progress of this forum as I never mentioned as such. Have you heard of such a thing? Very strange.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
That is a shame. I would say our relationship with Karma Automotive is good. If they are drawing a line in the sand for association with us then I am confused and baffled by that. We are in the business of making the Karma better for everyone. We have actually reached out with open arms to all owners to test drive our improved vehicles. I believe we worked around Fiskerjim's schedule after his visit to Karma Automotive and made available a vehicle for him to drive and preview on short notice.

Back to the OP, I have read the reviews and it seems as there is some internal turmoil within the organization. The startup type of scenario is not meant for individuals looking for stability so if that is what you are looking for, better to look for a more stable and established company rather than this startup.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had a great experience with Powersource. They did accommodate me on a tight scheduling scenario and some last minute dancing. Their upgrade on their Karma is impressive and gives us owners other efficiency options with respect to ICE charging as well as a number of functional improvements. They have some interesting innovations that they are working on and are open to our input. i realize that there is "energy" between Karma and Powersource but that should not impair either enterprise from moving forward. As owners, we can benefit from both organizations and will do well in finding ways to support them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the same boat. I would like to know if you have been to their facilities and seen the work being done. Also, what was/is your decision and will you have to move for the job? PM me if you'd like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I decided not to join because I had enough feedback from individuals within the organization which made me confident in the fact that the new company was in deep trouble and not a place where I would want to work. Rejected offer and moved on. PM me if you would like more detail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts