Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with major Console Issues

Having a major issue though that Fisker of Tampa cannot figure out. If there is someone out there that has had the same problem, please let me know so I can forward it to them. I have to leave the car for several days so they can figure it out. They want to take apart the dash to check the wiring.

The problem is every time I shut off the car I have to reset everything on the console. Radio/satellite channels, seat and key fob settings. Some items keep their memory but most items erase. Same as doing a reset. The mechanic at Fisker tried to do a complete reset and that didn't work either. Other than that I love the car and everyone I have shown it too is amazed by it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
you mean that your settings (most of them) doesnt save in the comman center? I had the same fault and some other car. They changed the command center or a module and it worked.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having a major issue that Fisker of Tampa cannot figure out. I do have 510 software also. If there is someone out there that has had the same problem, please let me know so I can forward it to them. I have to leave the car for several days so they can figure it out. They want to take apart the dash to check the wiring.

The problem is every time I shut off the car I have to reset almost everything in the command center. Radio/satellite channels, seat and key fob settings and the clock which always defaults back to LA and I am in FL. Some items keep their memory but most items erase. It does the same thing as doing a manual reset. The mechanic at Fisker tried to do a complete reset and that didn't work either.

One person here in the forum suggested having the key fobs looked at although the mechanic says if the key fobs weren't working correctly, the car would com\nstantly beep as if out of range.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can get me what exactly they replaced that would be helpful. You aren't sure if it was the command center or a module?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Struthers,
Why do we have to read your same topic I several new threads ???

You might ask the moderator to merge them....

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed 4 times now and have never received a reply. I 3 times were to help me with my initial log in. I signed up under a different name and email and never received the activation email so for a week I could not post. Then I opened a new account under Struthers and posted my issue and I unfortunately wrote "console" instead of "command center". I read several times here in the forum that posts can be edited and/or deleted. Well not mine. There is not option anywhere as it suggests. So I wrote again another email with no response to please edit my post and change console to command center. I didn't want to lose any opportunities for a reply as this is a pretty important issue to me.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I emailed 4 times now and have never received a reply. I 3 times were to help me with my initial log in. I signed up under a different name and email and never received the activation email so for a week I could not post. Then I opened a new account under Struthers and posted my issue and I unfortunately wrote "console" instead of "command center". I read several times here in the forum that posts can be edited and/or deleted. Well not mine. There is not option anywhere as it suggests. So I wrote again another email with no response to please edit my post and change console to command center. I didn't want to lose any opportunities for a reply as this is a pretty important issue to me.
@Struthers: You should just post publicly or PM me for this kind of thing. Happy to take care of it for you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Michael, Do you have information on what exactly was replaced? The command console or this module you are referring to?

·
Registered
435 Posts
sorry dont have the exact information what they swapped but check with fisker and refer to car delivered in sweden a couple of months ago, not many sold here

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally got my resetting issue fixed. They had to simply re-flash the software. Can't believe what I had to go through just for that simple fix.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sorry, this is the first that I've seen this thread. That information that was lost is all stored in the same module in the car. That module has a very large software bundle, so it's definitely possible in the last update that something didn't quite complete, so a reflash solving it makes sense to me. Glad it's taken care of!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts