Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI, looks like this event is being held in a lot of cities internationally.

USA: https://driveelectricweek.org/events-list.php

Also in Denmark, Italy, Austria and Canada.

Are any of our fellow South Florida Karma drivers interested in attending the National Drive Electric Week event September 18th?

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Thanks LoneP for the work. Unfortunately, I can't make it on Saturday. Hope everyone has a great time. I have taken the Karma or my Tesla X to nearly all the Caffeine and Octane events this year including the Exotics shows at Lenox Square. I am a little show tapped out. I have been asked to bring the Karma to the October show at Lenox, since there are more Model X's at the show. I will be there, since it is the last of the season.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went to the one in Marin County in San Francisco. Best looking car at the event and the one with the most pictures taken. The question I was ask the most... "Is that the new Karma?". I'm still waiting for my plates, hence people think its a brand new car.

2500 trouble free, happy, amazing miles in three weeks since I got mine.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I took my Karma to the event in Atlanta yesterday. I ended up directly in front of the Tesla store in between two Model S sedans! Needless to say, the Karma stands out in that company. I heard from many people that the Karma was their favorite car there, and they were very excited to hear about the rebirth of the Karma Revero.

Here are a bunch of pictures of the event, including plenty of the Karma, my wife and her i3 and about 25 other models of EV:

National Drive Electric Week - Atlanta 2016

Brent

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I just registered for this event in Palo Alto, CA this Sunday starting at 1 PM.

So far, I am the only registered Fisker Karma. Feel free to stop by and help me fly the Karma flag among all the other EVs.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm the only Karma among the 46 cars signed up for the Scottsdale/Phoenix event on Saturday. If it's like last year, I'll be the bell of the ball.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm the only Karma among the 46 cars signed up for the Scottsdale/Phoenix event on Saturday. If it's like last year, I'll be the bell of the ball.
Looks like I'm the only Karma, wish I could drive my Cadillac ELR and C-Max as well. But if I have to choose, it's the Karma.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I just registered for this event in Palo Alto, CA this Sunday starting at 1 PM.

So far, I am the only registered Fisker Karma. Feel free to stop by and help me fly the Karma flag among all the other EVs.
Made it to the event today. It was well attended and I gave a lot of rides to EV enthusiasts in my Karma.

The cars lined up to give rides looked like the world's most environmental airport taxi queue:

The event had a quite a few Leaf and Model S participants. There were a couple of I3s and a single Model X. I was a little disappointed that no Zero motorcycles showed up.

Overall, it is always fun to hang out with fellow EV nerds and talk KWH and "c" ratings.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Made it to the event today. It was well attended and I gave a lot of rides to EV enthusiasts in my Karma.

The cars lined up to give rides looked like the world's most environmental airport taxi queue:

The event had a quite a few Leaf and Model S participants. There were a couple of I3s and a single Model X. I was a little disappointed that no Zero motorcycles showed up.

Overall, it is always fun to hang out with fellow EV nerds and talk KWH and "c" ratings.
Did you take off your front plate?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There was a really poor turnout in Palm Beach. We did have some really cool electric motorcycles from a local dealer. But the star of the show (besides my Karma) was the all electric public bus.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Did you take off your front plate?
Took that off a long time ago, after @hansu1 pointed out that the post I was using could potentially permit the force of a minor fender-bender to be transferred directly to the space frame and cause a relatively modest amount of force to do cause serious damage. No issues or tickers so far [knocking on reclaimed wood].

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
There was a really poor turnout in Palm Beach. We did have some really cool electric motorcycles from a local dealer. But the star of the show (besides my Karma) was the all electric public bus.
That sounds pretty cool actually. Were they giving rides, or was it just a static display?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That sounds pretty cool actually. Were they giving rides, or was it just a static display?
The bus or the cycle?

You could only go in the bus, it was a great escape from heat and humidity of South Florida. The buses are supposedly running all over Fort Lauderdale.

The all electric buses can do almost 200 miles on a charge and can fully charge in 6 hours. (they must plug into a nuclear power plant) The bus rep also said most bus routes are only 160 miles.

The rep was the only person i saw driving the cycles. If they weren't so darn dangerous, I would buy one in a heart beat. The cycles have a range a little over 200 miles, 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. (Tesla speed).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts