Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Mystery Status Screen

11K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  JCMorrill 
#1 ·
While driving to work today, I switched from the NAV screen to the Energy Flow screen and suddenly, this screen appeared:

Despite the alarming series of red "NOK"s on the bottom of the screen (which I assume means Not OK), nothing appeared to have crashed or stopped working. The music kept playing through BT, all the displays on the Driver Display were working normally, and when I switched to NAV it continued to display my location and other information and the status screen did not come back when I switched back to the energy flow screen.

Anyone know what this screen is and how to activate it? Are there other secret status screens that we could pull up to get information we can't normally see, such as software versions?

See less See more
#3 ·
Michael said:
maybe you pressed a secret combo of buttons, like i a computer game:)
Possibly. I tried clicking and holding the system status key for a few seconds to see if that was the trick but no luck. Since I was driving, there was not much else I could do without risking an accident. I am hoping someone else may have stumbled on similar hidden screens and we can figure out the pattern.

-- Fab.

#7 ·
Nimisys said:
Press and hold the system button for about ten seconds and release to access it. this example shows 614.2 has been installed. It is used th check the software version
Where does it say 6.14.2?

#9 ·
Well it's clear what's wrong with the Nav by looking at what version it is!!! O1.03.01. Jan 3rd 2001!!!! Ha Ha! I know that's not right, but it is ironic that the Nav complaints center around it not being very up to date.

By the way, I went back to take another test drive today and I am smitten again to buy! However something occurred that I have never seen a post on. While driving down a country road, the nav lady came on and said "Please Obey the Speed Limit". It shocked both myself and the dealer. Had no idea it did this, nor did anyone have a clue how it came on or why! And I was only doing 54 in a 45!

#10 ·
Hokiebird said:
Well it's clear what's wrong with the Nav by looking at what version it is!!! O1.03.01. Jan 3rd 2001!!!! Ha Ha! I know that's not right, but it is ironic that the Nav complaints center around it not being very up to date.

By the way, I went back to take another test drive today and I am smitten again to buy! However something occurred that I have never seen a post on. While driving down a country road, the nav lady came on and said "Please Obey the Speed Limit". It shocked both myself and the dealer. Had no idea it did this, nor did anyone have a clue how it came on or why! And I was only doing 54 in a 45!
It's part of the Nav system and was discussed in some length in this thread. You can adjust it to come on at various increments above the local limit, or turn it off altogether. The default used to be 10 MPH over the local speed limit but as of 614.2, the default is OFF. I have it set to warn me at 20 MPH above the local speed limit since in stealth mode, the car is very quiet and you don't have the big digital speed display and you can lose track of your speed easily.

#11 ·
The VIP ver first number + the Nav ver first number 5+1=6.
The VIP ver first number + the software first number 5+9=14.
The VIP ver second number 2.
Gets you 6.14.2. LOL, JK.
Nimisys, any other neat tricks? Plus, how can we really tell by looking at this screen what version we have?

#12 ·
Thats the only hidden screen I know of.

The software version number changes with each release of CIU (the module the command center controls), though the numbers you see on that screen don't have logical connection to the build level versions. 09.09.09.00 happens to be the version number for after 614.2 has been installed. 05.02.07.00 IIRC was for 611 and 05.02.05.00 was the original production release.

#13 ·
RE: Mystery Status Screen for 615

In case anyone wants to verify their software version, follow the procedure in this thread to access this screen and these are the numbers you should be getting if 615 is installed:

#15 ·
drliu said:
Thanks Fab! Do you or anyone else (Nimisys, Harleyguy?) know what the screen should look like if one has the two post-6.15 patches installed?

Thanks again!
If the patches came out after May 18th, they would not be on my car.

#16 ·
The T.P.I. screen is the only part in the car that the owner can actually see and read software versions .In order for me to check what software is installed I have to hook the car up to Prodis and read the software versions for each module .Maybe at some point I will be able to take a screen shot of that but right now it's not a wise thing too do .Only suggestion I have is next time you take the car into the dealer and they hook up the car to Prodis ask the dealer if you could take a look . I had a customer that was insisting he was having a charging problem I asked the customer to come with me to the shop so I could show him that the charging system was working on 110 and 220 after that he was convinced it was the outlet he was using . In all the years I've been in this business I find if you take the time to show a customer something instead of trying to explain something it makes for a better working relationship. And that goes for any car I work on

#22 ·
Just an updated database, so probably not that noticeable. Better to have it than not so you are all up to date on the latest software.

Puma tool is essentially just a plug and play device. Essentially you stick a USB flash drive into the USB port and plug in the PUMA tool and it does its magic.

#33 ·
Wow. Sometimes I can be obtuse, but I had actually felt that we buried the hatchet on on a 2-year-old harsh exchange of words a long time ago - when I finally understood what I wasn't getting all along ... about you guys tuning the TOM to run the engine at more efficient RPM which is how you get better MPG.

I wasn't aware we were "feuding". I am sorry, but surprised ... Are you genuinely this angry with me?

When was the last time we disagreed on anything? I don't remember it. You've had nothing but enthusiastic comments from me on you your CIU work. And, I swear you have helpfully answered recent questions from me. What did I miss?

You are within your rights with your products. But, I'd appreciate an opportunity to fix whatever this is. Is that asking, too much?

You're one of the pillars of this site. And, I have only cared about getting owners good information to keep their cars rolling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.