Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I could not take the Low Fuel warnings any more and had to fill up with just under a Gallon left in the tank. Given my driving pattern, not having to buy gas for 1459 miles is pretty impressive. Effective MPG for this tank: 151 MPG.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Karma software has a bug that causes the trip odometer to reset every 2600 miles, so you can't collect long-term data with either counter. I just use Trip A and ignore Trip B.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My MPG pegs out at 409 even though I have calculated my actual MPG at 592 at the end of my 1st year of ownership. Is there any way to have it calculate the true MPG? I figured this was a software issue.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My MPG pegs out at 409 even though I have calculated my actual MPG at 592 at the end of my 1st year of ownership. Is there any way to have it calculate the true MPG? I figured this was a software issue.
The only way is to keep track of your fuel purchases and do the math. The MPG shown by the computer is 15% higher than actual MPG, which is not unique to the Karma. Most cars tend to overestimate the MPG.

·
Registered
243 Posts
the software glitch is very annoying as I find myself very competitive with myself to avoid the gas station and pisses me off when I have to go

I am at 441.6 MPG after 18 months with car

·
Registered
261 Posts
My trip computer reset itself when I reached 91MPG, and I had to start over. Now at 41 and climbing fast. Luckily I kept track of my fuel purchases, including the tank the dealer kicked in, so my true number is now about 120MPG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts