Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Early Adopter
1,256 Posts
This is all to fun and I have to chime in -- Assume you are correct Betch23 in your point (which I not saying you are), but assuming, how would you (assuming you were the new fisker) prioritize the originally owners (who were primised a 6 YR warrenty) from the second hand owners who were promised nothing and bought at 50% discount ???

·
EV Enthusiast
110 Posts
@betch23, you keep going back to corporate responsibility but what about personal responsibility. You had to know that support was minimal and that you were not going to get no more than a $2K Customer Support Program. No one pointed a gun at your head to make you commit to buying a Fisker and yet you did. So I just don't see how the New Fisker is to blame for this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
BTW SC Karma, please tell me your background and the classes on business ethics you took. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Do you repair Fiskers?
Not sure why you are obsessed with this, but let me save you some time. The only people on this forum that repair Fiskers are HarleyGuy, FiskerPhilly and AlexPop. Occasionally you'll see KarmaNews who isn't a tech but does work for the new fisker.

This is all something you could easily determine by looking at someones profile, looking at their post history, etc. You know, doing a little research and becoming informed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank you LonePalmBJ, but I was under the impression that the thread was closed the last time I posted. It appears that many individuals like yourself want to keep this discussion alive, so I will be glad to do so until the last post.

Before I purchased, I asked many questions about the Karma, and guess how many mentioned the RDM and Chineses parts? You guessed it, zero.

I am not sure the rationale but anyone who would like to mention no ethical copability in the New Fisker (please note that their name is still Fisker), then send me $10k for a warranty that I will turn over to an overseas subsidiary.

For those of you without an ulterior motive, please disregard this post; the last thing I want to do is offend good decent people.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My Apologies LonePalmBj, my last post got cut off.

Let's say my Network Security /Penetration Testing Department of my Company sells you a contact. Then we go out of business. However, we sell the business in bankruptcy to another company, who received all accounts and assets. Do they have no responsibility? If so, then there is not an insurance company on the planet who will sell another Bond.

I have heard many opinions which I think is fantastic and great about these forums; everyone has a right to express themselves. Many feel that I am wrong and many feel I am right. Personally, I look to do business with individuals willing to stay out of the gray/ grey areas and into the white areas.

·
EV Enthusiast
110 Posts
BTW SC Karma, please tell me your background and the classes on business ethics you took. Thank you.
BTW Betch23, do you know anything about bankruptcy proceedings? Things were all settled in the bankruptcy court prior to you buying your car. What makes you think that things would change just because you bought your car? I certainly have not taken any business delusional courses. I think if your were to fall and break your leg on my sidewalk, you would definitely blame and sue me for it!

One more thing, I have not posted in any of the threads for awhile but seeing your "article", it just struck a nerve in me. At least take some of the blame and move on. Whining is not going to get your car running!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
SC Karma, you still did not answer the questions, but since you are an expert on bankruptcy proceedings, please tell me your background.

BTW, in my line of work, I have not had to sue someone. Please IM me your personal email address and I will be glad to continue this discussion. Thank you for your response.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Before I purchased, I asked many questions about the Karma, and guess how many mentioned the RDM and Chineses parts? You guessed it, zero.
Who did you ask, exactly? On this forum alone, there are two threads that are pinned to the Fisker Forum top page that prominently mention the RDM issue and the current Customer Support Program. They are:

Fisker Karma Buyer's Checklist

and

latest Information on Warranty Customer Support Program

In the former, the RDM/TM issues are the second item on the list on the first page, right after HV Batteries.

In the latter, the first post by @FiskerPhilly sets out in excruciating detail the CSP program set up by New Fisker after the BK.

Both threads include a number of questions and answers that clarify the various issues. in addition, there are a number of other threads like this one and this one from folks who are looking to buy a Fisker with very detailed responses by owners and technical experts. The RDM and Traction Motor issues are prominently featured on all of these discussions. It seems incredible that during your year of research, you could not uncover the only publicly accessible forum dedicated to the Fisker Karma and see all this information set out chapter and verse.

For those of you without an ulterior motive, please disregard this post; the last thing I want to do is offend good decent people.
I am not sure what you mean about ulterior motives, but pointing out, factually, that you suck at research, and now want to blame someone else for your failures is not really offensive, just very very sad.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Intersting Fabulist, since the forum was not open to non owners. When it finally opened to non owners, I asked about looming issues, under my first account.

In addition, I contacted former owners and spent hours on this forum and google to uncover any issues.

So, what would you have done as an expert in research? Please tell me a little about your background since you feel so inclined to comment on others.

BTW, feel free to IM your personal email address and I will be glad to continue this discussion that you would like to perpetuate. Thank you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I couldn't agree more SC Karma, looking forward to you response on my questions and please don't hesitate to IM me. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi guys;

I generally tend to agree with you gents who took a negative position against the article. I am an engineer and a car enthusiast at heart. I knew Fiskers existed but only six months ago I started seriously looking at them. I also checked out many cars, believe me I checked them all out all kinds of expensive makes. I eventually fell in love with the Fisker. Before this I had a Mercedes, which had its engine out twice within four and six years of its date of manufacture due to faulty and leaking seals. The repairs were $10,000. It also had a myriad of other problems. The Fisker is by far the most beautiful and unique car on the road. I love driving it, and it gives me thorough satisfaction although I have only really owned mine for two days. Sure, I know there will likely be some problems, but honestly what car does not have problems today unless you want some boring people mover!!.

The guy (Fisker) went out of his way to manufacture an awesome car and for a variety of reasons he failed, well not him but his company. There is an element of risk in buying and owning these cars for sure ad they are by no means a reliable Lexus LS 460 or Mercedes S class (although mine was garbage).

I feel sorry for the gentleman who had all the problems with his Fisker, but believe me I have been on Mercedes boards and forums where people are so angry at Mercedes they want to set fire to their cars. I say for a brand new manufacturer, he did not do too badly. We are driving a piece of history and it puts a wide smile on my face.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I could not agree more FiskerZee, Henrick Fisker did a great job with the design.

Unfortunately, the current and looming mechanical issues are concerning. Thanks for the post.

·
Early Adopter
1,256 Posts
Moderator, I think it's time we just end this thread , it brings back bad memories when Brian did his video and this board was nothing but a pissing match.

IMHO, I think @PowerSource put an offer on the table to buy - why don't you @betchen23 just PM him and work out a deal to have him put an end to your fisker woes!

Sorry I had to do it to give us back some good KARMA ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Intersting Fabulist, since the forum was not open to non owners. When it finally opened to non owners, I asked about looming issues, under my first account.
This forum has always been, and remains, open to anyone who wants to join. I joined in April 2011, almost a year before I received my Karma. I found it by searching for "Fisker Karma" on Google.

In addition, I contacted former owners and spent hours on this forum and google to uncover any issues.
Why would you contact "former owners?" I would think the perspectives of current owners who live with, and use, their cars every day would be a lot more relevant than someone who does not. Also, your claim about spending hours on this forum seems dubious since you just said a couple of sentences above that (you believed anyway) that this forum was for owners only. The buyer's Checklist thread was started in June 2013. If you had spent 10 minutes on the forum in the last two years, you would have seen it since it was made sticky and pinned to the front page since the beginning.

So, what would you have done as an expert in research? Please tell me a little about your background since you feel so inclined to comment on others.
I don't claim any particular expertise in research, but have a passing familiarity with search engines such as Google and DuckDuckGO. But this is about you, not about me. After all, i am not the one that claim to have been a victim of "usery" by a post-bankruptcy entity that revived a failed car company because I could not be bothered to search for, I don't know, "buying a Fisker Karma" in Google where this forum would be the third or fourth result on the first page.

And, BTW, not thanks. I have no interest in "perpetuating" any discussion with you (do you have a word-of-the-day screensaver?). I have no interest in hearing you try to justify yourself. All I am interested in is setting the factual record straight, and my work here is done.

Edited to add: @Nin-Ja, Agreed. I am done with this thread also.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.