Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving around San Francisco and the Silicon Valley for over 6 months now, and other than scheduled events and visits to the dealer, I had not seen any other Karmas other than my own.

That all changed today as I was driving North on I-280 and noticed a shiny, beautiful, and I would guess absolutely brand new, white Karma on the road ahead of me. I made a total fool out of myself weaving through traffic to catch up to him and wave and give him an enthusiastic thumbs up and took pictures, which must have terrified all the other drivers on the road and confused the Karma's driver, since this is the kind of behavior one expects from non-Karma drivers.

The car had a paper plate in a Silicon Valley Fisker frame, and judging how gingerly and carefully the driver was driving it, was either just delivered, or purchased recently.

We stayed on the same road all the way to San Francisco where our paths diverged on the intersection of Portola and 19th Street. If anyone knows who this is, and they are not yet on Fisker Buzz, please encourage them to join the group.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was out of town for a few days an had my 1st sighting of a Fisker in the wild. Nice clean car BTW.What I was most shocked and impressed about is that this guy has the Surf Grill. Who are you ???

Again nice car... ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1386766832.973209.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I was in south Florida two weeks ago for the Thanksgiving holiday and I saw TWO in the wild in 4 days. One in the Brickell area of Miami (Deep Ocean I think) and then a white one near Boynton Beach.

They're a rare sight in Atlanta, which is strange since I know there are quite a few here.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I was out of town for a few days an had my 1st sighting of a Fisker in the wild. Nice clean car BTW.What I was most shocked and impressed about is that this guy has the Surf Grill. Who are you ???
What did you think about the grill once you saw it in person?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I was in south Florida two weeks ago for the Thanksgiving holiday and I saw TWO in the wild in 4 days. One in the Brickell area of Miami (Deep Ocean I think) and then a white one near Boynton Beach.

They're a rare sight in Atlanta, which is strange since I know there are quite a few here.
Should of stopped by both cars are local

·
Registered
66 Posts
LonePB I live in Brickell, that deep ocean is a guy who lives across from me

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Spotted in the wild

Today I stopped off for lunch and when I pulled into a normal stop I saw this silver ecosport. I had to park next to it and take these pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Why are you taking up 2 spots? A Karma fits just fine parked regularly, as shown by the other car in the pictures.

Edit: After looking at the picture again, the spot on the end looks wider than the others. There's no reason to take up 2 spots, ever.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Lormax just doesn't realize how some people will just hit your car and not care much less leave a note. Florida has some of the rudest drivers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't have a problem with people taking two spots when they go all the way down to the end of an aisle, like I see here. I sometimes get concerned with "self-righteousness" where someone will do damage just because of two spots being taken - regardless of where. That-stated - I usually just hunt for an 'end' spot and hug the curb to give the car next to me a full swing. But Florida drivers are ruthless, careless, apathetic, and occasionally malicious. FYI - three out of the top ten most dangerous cities to drive in the entire country, are in Florida.

I like New York Prime in Boca Raton and go there regularly. The one f-ing time I deviate and go to Abe and Louie's across the street - I got dinged. By the valet. Who I'd given $20 to park it out front. F*&k Abe and Louie's. It took a lot of work to get that ding out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Double,
I was a valet one winter break in college, I couldn't believe how bad my coworkers treated the cars, even Rolls Royce's were not immune. I never let a valet park my car. At a restaurant ill give them an extra 30 to self park in front and then give them the keys only if its parallel parking. Shopping, if i'm not lucky enough to hug a spot next to a handicap, I take two spaces in the "outer rim" (star wars talk). I try to hug a curb if neither are available, but people will just cross the lines and park close to you anyways. Years ago I parked a nice car in the outer rim with no cars around except a small buss in the next lisle. Wouldn't you know, the bus driver backed right into it thinking no one ever parks out this far. As the they say in New York, "you can't win for losing".

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lormax just doesn't realize how some people will just hit your car and not care much less leave a note. Florida has some of the rudest drivers.
The irony.
Don't think so:

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē,ˈiərnē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"

·
Registered
854 Posts
That's a rather narrow and incomplete definition. It can be argued that the situation of claiming one behavior is rude (and pointing out that someone else doesn't doesn't realize it's rude) while failing to recognize the rudeness of another behavior, is a type of irony. There is an incongruity in what I excepted him to say and what he actually said.

Perhaps, "The hipocrisy." would have been more apt. But that could be taken for an insult, which was not my intention.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
That's a rather narrow and incomplete definition. It can be argued that the situation of claiming one behavior is rude (and pointing out that someone else doesn't doesn't realize it's rude) while failing to recognize the rudeness of another behavior, is a type of irony. There is an incongruity in what I excepted him to say and what he actually said.

Perhaps, "The hipocrisy." would have been more apt. But that could be taken for an insult, which was not my intention.
No, that's the complete definition, but I agree with you that the word irony is now used to indicate a paradox or contradiction, and very rarely in its original sense of saying something but meaning the exact opposite. Similarly, the words imply and infer are used almost interchangeably, when they don't mean the same thing at all. I guess any language changes over time, but this one is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Since I don't want to hijack a thread that is already in the middle of being hijacked ( from Fisker sightings to bad parking habits) over a semantic debate, I will concede the point and return us to the original hijacking, or maybe the original topic of Fisker sightings. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would argue that "bmw" parking actually puts your car at higher risk of vandalism, than single parking does of door dings. I've also jammed my truck into gaps like this and then exited out the sliding rear window just for fun.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts