Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I got in touch with "Lormax" (aka Travis Richardson of fixthekarma.com).

My car, about to turn 15,000 on the odometer overall has been highly reliable.

For nearly 14,000 miles, the car has been a comfortable, fun and extraordinarily beautiful 5 day a week commuter vehicle for me. The minor oddities (seats that don't return, CIU lockups, bluetooth mysteries, etc.) I just chalk up to the "character" of the car. The important stuff (driving dynamics and not buying gasoline) more than make up for these minor issues.

The only exception has been that, in some cases, if I ran the battery to zero or near zero I would often (but not always) receive a CEL the next morning after charging the car. Sometimes the CEL would disappear after a couple of additional charging cycles, sometimes not (and I would clear it using a OBD reader and software).

This worried me because I was concerned the CEL might indicate some sort of serious issue.

Through this forum, I got in touch with Lormax and he suggested that it was likely I had a weak battery module. I live in Sarasota, fifty miles south of Tampa and it turned out that Lormax had a trip planned to South Florida to service the cars of other owners. I asked him to give my car the "spa treatment".

Initially, he drove from Orlando late in the evening to visit my car and do a basic diagnosis. He has the original factory OBD software and was able to confirm that battery module five was failing in a minor way. He only charged me $40 for this "house call".

He had arranged to have access to a service bay in Tampa and I told him to go ahead and plan for a module swap, a CIU "dam" fix and a few other minor tweaks. I let him know I didn't have time to drop the car in Tampa and he said he would figure out how to get the car to and from.

About a week later, I heard from him that he was ready. He coordinated a time to pick up the car and drive it north. He swapped out the module, did the other fixes and had the car back to me the next day. The charge was consistent with his estimate.

Throughout the entire process, Travis was highly communicative, completely professional and demonstrated a clear passion for doing an excellent job for a car he clearly loves.

I am writing this reference report for any others that may wish to avail themselves of "Lormax's" skill and experience.

I highly recommend him.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My experience with Lormax (Travis) is pretty much the same. He replaced the RDM and 2 Traction motors at the service Dept at Fisker Tampa bay. I live on Longboat Key. He has followed up with phone calls to make sure everything was working. He is great.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Possibly rehired back at Fisker...
I don't think so I would of heard . Everyone seems to forget that I'm on the front lines when it comes to Fisker I hear what's going on usually . Maybe Travis is taking a much needed vacation working on these cars you get burned out pretty fast . And this isn't a negative post towards Travis so please don't take it that way .

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Keep us informed Harleyguy. A bunch of us in the abandoned northwest coast area have asked NewFisker to provide him as an authorized dealer for us. Unlike some dealerships, (Fisker Miami being one), our "high end" dealer abandoned their customers, we need someone to turn to.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Keep us informed Harleyguy. A bunch of us in the abandoned northwest coast area have asked NewFisker to provide him as an authorized dealer for us. Unlike some dealerships, (Fisker Miami being one), our "high end" dealer abandoned their customers, we need someone to turn to.
I wouldn't give up hope yet as getting another dealership to open up .

·
Registered
12 Posts
He fixed my coupler on my car did a great job now my batteries don't charge but I don't care I like the car best job done the first time

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lormax is awesome! He is pretty busy working on mine and a couple of other Karmas the last month or so. The trip to Florida that Fred mentioned, and I think on another trip now.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Yeah it's pretty sad the a Fisker Dealership in Tampa has to rent out a bay to an independent to fix a Karma. And they also agreed to the new warranty policy that Fisker put out to help customers with repairs . Sounds like one big scam if you ask me think I need Fisker HQ to look into this .

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Yeah it's pretty sad the a Fisker Dealership in Tampa has to rent out a bay to an independent to fix a Karma. And they also agreed to the new warranty policy that Fisker put out to help customers with repairs . Sounds like one big scam if you ask me think I need Fisker HQ to look into this .
?? I don't understand what you are saying here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts