Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Four years ago, when I placed my deposit on my Karma I was a family of 4. My now,1 1/2 year old daughter came into our lives shortly before I took delivery. I had no choice but to make this work, as I loved my daughter but didn't want to give up my KARma!! Hence the family 5 seater karma was also born. Oh and of course my three little ones were happy to see they had their entertainment built in as well. Enjoy!!!

Doc....Fisker Enthusiast, Loyalist and Proud Owner!

PS the 2nd to last pic show the medium/ dark tint and also the H2 I had to balance out with the Karma.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! The seat belts are part of the modifications as well. The entire seat was built into the car.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Doc, nice meeting you and having our own impromptu mini-drive up 91/405N!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like Wise So Cal Guy,

It was a Pleasure. Yes I was feeling a bit nostalgic of this mornings event, and our ride up the 405 made it all that much better!! TIll we meet again, Cheers!

SoCalGuy said:
Doc, nice meeting you and having our own impromptu mini-drive up 91/405N!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you DRLIU!

drliu said:
That is incredible, as is your daughter!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although I check this forum everyday this is the first time I have felt I have to leave a comment.
Like many other owners you appear to be in love with your car and also incredibly resourceful, good job Doc.
Hope you and the family enjoy. 10/10 for creativity.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Camjon!!! I am in love with the Karma, truely an amazing vehicle and really a priceless work of Art! I had to make it work so my family and myself could enjoy it to our fullest. Again thanks!

PS do you have one?

Camjon said:
Although I check this forum everyday this is the first time I have felt I have to leave a comment.
Like many other owners you appear to be in love with your car and also incredibly resourceful, good job Doc.
Hope you and the family enjoy. 10/10 for creativity.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Very cool. Early on I said that GM should have put child car seat anchors on that middle hump in the Volt. Would have helped with the family functionality. Maybe there were liability issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Doc

No unfortunately I dont have one. I am based in Scotland and they are not available in UK, also we truthfully dont have the infastructure to support EVs.

My intrest in these cars has been building for a couple of years now and have been fortunate enough to get a few drives in them and also see some of the interior assembly plants.

I continually check the forum for threads on interiors as this is my particular area of intrest. I would have loved to seen the design and wrap/trim process as I think you have come up with something quite unique and it genuinely adresses a problem which I am sure many will have to face at some point in the future.

Out of interest, have you thought of taking this idea to Fisker directly? Who did the work for you and where did you get the leather?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As a matter of fact the Fisker team got to see it last week. Including the chair and Vp of Design, and they seem to like it. THe leather was actually bought locally, and we tried to match it up as best as possible. [

quote='Camjon' pid='16699' dateline='1346325394']
Hi Doc

No unfortunately I dont have one. I am based in Scotland and they are not available in UK, also we truthfully dont have the infastructure to support EVs.

My intrest in these cars has been building for a couple of years now and have been fortunate enough to get a few drives in them and also see some of the interior assembly plants.

I continually check the forum for threads on interiors as this is my particular area of intrest. I would have loved to seen the design and wrap/trim process as I think you have come up with something quite unique and it genuinely adresses a problem which I am sure many will have to face at some point in the future.

Out of interest, have you thought of taking this idea to Fisker directly? Who did the work for you and where did you get the leather?

[/quote]

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Camjon said:
Hi Doc

Well maybe not everywhere, but there are places in Scotland where the EV thrives on, what else, Scotch Whiskey:

More specifically, at the Bruichladdich whisky distillery. Compared to this, our EV infrastructure in the US is downright -- sober. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
nice but dose this mod eliminate the ability to turn on the rear seat warmers and disables the rear passengers to control the window?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes but in the second generation of the MOD, we are placing the window and seat heat controls on the sides.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very nice job. Are the dvd players independent and just use it's own speakers/headphones or is it somehow piped into sound system? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Love the creativity. You daughter looks comfortable/safe & the colors, fit & finish are so close, it looks OEM. Outstanding work & ingenuity.

I don't have have more than 4 in our family, but would like the DVD system added. Did a national place do that work? Please describe the equip, hookup, who installed, etc. I'd like to get this done. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love this fifth seat. How much did it cost and who did it? Does anyone know anyone in OC that can do this? Best modification yet on a Fisker for family guys and gals like us. ;0)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
That car is up in Bakersfield, so the work was done semi-locally. I'll see if I can find out more information for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts