Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to put a Level 2 charger in the garage. I have read all the threads here and have followed the evolution of Fisker's EV Connect recommendations. Some of the data out here is a tad dated by now, and some of you now have much more experience with these units, so I'd love to hear any of you weigh in on the options I am considering...note that I am not concerned about advanced modes, detailed data acquisition, etc., but delayed-time charging might be about the only extra feature I'd care about. So, do you have an experience-based opinion on any of these?:

Legrand 16-Amp Level 2 at Home Depot

Leviton EVB22 160 on Amazon

Schneider EVLink 30-Amp from Home Depot

GE WattStation Level 2 30 Amp from Amazon

THANKS!!

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I've had the Legrand since I bought the car in February with no issues...standard 6 hour charge from empty.........Wish I had one with time setting though......

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Schneider EVLink in my garage at home and the GE WattStation at my office. I have had no problems with either charger. I chose to stay with 30 amps for the benefit of my Teslas.

The GE WattStation is rugged but overly large and is a very basic charger. It is used regularly to charge our two Volts and my Karma. I have also used it occasionally with both the Teslas.

I use the Schneider EVLink regularly for my Karma and have tested it briefly with my Teslas. I do believe there are some issues with the sensitivity to ground fault that can cause it to stop charging with my older Tesla Roadster but it works perfectly with the Karma. I have not used the delayed charging on this unit since I have no need for it and have it mounted high on the wall due to my overhead retracting cable setup.

·
Early Adopter
1,257 Posts
I have a EVconnet unit that I only paid $540 for installtion. It works really well and had no issues to date.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Blink gets my vote.

I have been very happy with my Blink charger. Delayed charging works perfectly and I like the fact that I can access the charger in my house via WiFi to turn charging on or off or check on charging status. Can't remotely plug the car in yet, but I am assured that they are working on that. :dodgy:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I also am in the market for a level 2 charger. My 110 charger was charging at the office and a rain storm came up, the base was on the porch of our building but evidently got a little rain blown in on it. I thought it was weather proof. The warnings said nothing about weather or water. The ads Fisker have the lady walking around the car in the rain with puddles around it and the charger laying in the water. They haven't decided if they will replace it so I have been driving on GAS for 2 weeks - annoyed! So Merry Christmas to me I am buying a level 2 from SANTA. Just trying to decide which one and what are the price differences?

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
I also am in the market for a level 2 charger. My 110 charger was charging at the office and a rain storm came up, the base was on the porch of our building but evidently got a little rain blown in on it. I thought it was weather proof. The warnings said nothing about weather or water. The ads Fisker have the lady walking around the car in the rain with puddles around it and the charger laying in the water. They haven't decided if they will replace it so I have been driving on GAS for 2 weeks - annoyed! So Merry Christmas to me I am buying a level 2 from SANTA. Just trying to decide which one and what are the price differences?
@KY Karma: There has been a lot discussion about this, the most recent of which was in this thread. You have a lot of choices at different price levels so Santa will get a nice selection. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts