Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visiting friends and family... and running some errands...







Its a stunner!!! I've gotten tons of thumbs up, millions of stares/looks/people stopping and reversing to check out the car... Unlike anything else I've owned!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha I had my cousins in for a ride so we ran to grab some food. The food was sealed and kept in the trunk!
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
A friend brought his Tesla Roadster over this weekend. They got along just fine. :D



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dennis said:
A friend brought his Tesla Roadster over this weekend. They got along just fine. :D
Absolutely no contest in the looks dept!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More pics...





 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dutch said:
Looks like your Karma is 'planking' in a lot of places :D

On a serious note: what a beauty!
Hahah. Yeah, the car is gorgeous (albeit with some upclose imperfections like body panel fit). You really have to experience it in person because the photos just don't do it justice!!!

When I go out to eat, my restaurant choices are limited to those with tables/windows in full view of my car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
Yeah, I am thinking about buying four tall traffic cones with yellow rope between them to stick in the trunk and use to block my car off when I park it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
Dutch said:
Looks like your Karma is 'planking' in a lot of places :D

On a serious note: what a beauty!
Hahah. Yeah, the car is gorgeous (albeit with some upclose imperfections like body panel fit). You really have to experience it in person because the photos just don't do it justice!!!
I agree with you that pictures don't do it justice, so I look at my driveway where an exact copy of your car is showing off its beauty. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
dennis said:
A friend brought his Tesla Roadster over this weekend. They got along just fine. :D
Absolutely no contest in the looks dept!!!
I agree the Karma looks great in my rearview mirror! ;)

Seriously, though, it's really good to have more alternatively fueled vehicles on the road. I was impressed with the ride quality of Karma wish you-all nothing but the best. Just don't rev your engine when you see me at a stop light!
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
teslaowner said:
Just don't rev your engine when you see me at a stop light!
OK, and we'll be sure to wave to you as we speed by the charging station in Bakersfield on our way to LA. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dennis said:
teslaowner said:
Just don't rev your engine when you see me at a stop light!
OK, and we'll be sure to wave to you as we speed by the charging station in Bakersfield on our way to LA. :D
Hahaha indeed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
teslaowner said:
SoCalGuy said:
dennis said:
A friend brought his Tesla Roadster over this weekend. They got along just fine. :D
Absolutely no contest in the looks dept!!!
I agree the Karma looks great in my rearview mirror! ;)

Seriously, though, it's really good to have more alternatively fueled vehicles on the road. I was impressed with the ride quality of Karma wish you-all nothing but the best. Just don't rev your engine when you see me at a stop light!
Tesla (Elon Musk) started this movement and will always be considered the 'founding father'. I hope Tesla and Fisker both succeed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
teslaowner said:
Dutch said:
Tesla (Elon Musk) started this movement and will always be considered the 'founding father'. I hope Tesla and Fisker both succeed.
I think we need to credit Dr. Paul MacCready as the father of the EV, although I'm sure others deserve credit as well.
[align=center]
[/align]

Since practical electric cars have been commercially sold since as early as 1903 (see poster above), neither of these gentlemen could be consider the father, but they and many others have certainly contributed to the advancement of the concept, both scientifically and commercially.

-- Fab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
dennis said:
teslaowner said:
Just don't rev your engine when you see me at a stop light!
OK, and we'll be sure to wave to you as we speed by the charging station in Bakersfield on our way to LA. :D
Well, the EPA says my Roadster's 245 mile range is more than your Karma's 230 mile battery+gas range. So, you'll be stopping about the same time I will. Granted, I'll be stopped for a lot longer.

But with Model S's 300+ mile range (depending on wheels), and 15-20 minute quick charge to add another 80 miles, the total time differential could be about 10 minutes for the 6 hour journey.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top