Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger mirror glass was stolen last night. There was no vandalism. No scratches on the mirror frame. The two wires that connect to the mirror piece missing were cleanly removed. No broken glass next to the car.

Perhaps the helpful guys who work on these cars can tell me if this is a standard part I can get anywhere or custom part I need to order from a Fisker dealer.

When you next visit Midnight Auto Parts, maybe you will see it.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
My passenger mirror glass was stolen last night. There was no vandalism. No scratches on the mirror frame. The two wires that connect to the mirror piece missing were cleanly removed. No broken glass next to the car.

Perhaps the helpful guys who work on these cars can tell me if this is a standard part I can get anywhere or custom part I need to order from a Fisker dealer.

When you next visit Midnight Auto Parts, maybe you will see it.
That's very odd item to steal. It's probably hanging around a rapper's neck right now using the timing chain from a '67 'Cuda.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised that it broke while trying to steal it. They are hard enough to remove when you have the complete unit off the car.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I was watching a fun video on YouTube last night - in that video, the mirror glass popped out quite easily in a car wash and was equally easily clipped back in...

https://youtu.be/PWa4ECJ-vpU

Check out 2:00
Anyone who runs a Fisker Karma, particularly a rare Chrome Blue one, through an automated car wash does not deserve to have one. This is obviously not this idiot's own car. No Karma owner would do this for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the risk of high pressure water leaking into the cabin and destroying the CIU.

On a side note, what is that device behind the rearview mirror (yellow arrow) Looks like a dashcam but can't be sure.

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
380 Posts
I says "Car Guardian" on the front - I assumed it was a radar detector but couldn't find anything obvious on the web about it... I did ask on the video comment section.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Fab - I drove my car through the car wash all the time?? Never a problem - Joe even said to do it! I treated mine like a normal car. Drive it - enjoy it and try not to inconvenience yourself by owning it. When I was 16 my dad gave me a car that I was afraid to drive certain places - I told him I wasn't going to take it somewhere one day and he said "it's a car - drive it" So from that day on I have done that. Anything that breaks in a car wash can be fixed.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Fab - I drove my car through the car wash all the time?? Never a problem - Joe even said to do it! I treated mine like a normal car. Drive it - enjoy it and try not to inconvenience yourself by owning it. When I was 16 my dad gave me a car that I was afraid to drive certain places - I told him I wasn't going to take it somewhere one day and he said "it's a car - drive it" So from that day on I have done that. Anything that breaks in a car wash can be fixed.

@DHH, no slight was intended at you, or any other owner. Obviously, as an owner, you have the right to wash your car any way you want. My three cars before the Karma were soft-tops and the soap used in automated car washes drys out and damages the cloth, and I got into the habit of getting my car hand washed rather than running it through the automated washes.

With the Karma, in addition to the typical concerns about the bristles or the dirt in the cloth washers scratching the paint, the high pressure water potentially causing a leak through the sill, dripping water on, and shorting out, the CIU is a serious concern because of the difficulty of sourcing and programming a replacement CIU.

My main point was that, as an owner, you and I have the right to makes these kinds of choices for our cars, but a guy who is driving a borrowed car should not be exposing such a rare car to this kind of risk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts