Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Fisker Owner Notification e-mail. Low and behold the new Fisker web site is up and running.
We are making progress!

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
I sent my first notw back to Tim - hoping they will move fast to highlight their plans in the owner only forum.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am just so happy to see progress....any progress!

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
New Fisker site

Very simple request please join the new Fisker forum most of my time and I believe Joes time will be spent on the new forum . We're are looking into adding a live chat box . And some other features but we need to have a good turn out on the new forum .

·
320 Posts
I just got my Fisker Owner Notification e-mail. Low and behold the new Fisker web site is up and running.
We are making progress!
I am curious as to what you see as progress. All I see is a new website, more promises, and an already established warranty. Somebody invested $1000 to update the site, and showered their owner list with generic emails. Same promise to provide support as 13 months ago. Parts were already available from Harleyguy.

The start of a public relations nightmare is today's news release: http://jalopnik.com/the-new-fisker-has-launched-but-its-phone-number-isn-t-1701579615. I don't see reports of today's Tesla news release with a similar exclusion. No one can even reach Fisker!

Why isn't a software upgrade already available to upload at the service centers? It was already developed more than 2 years ago, but never released. Where are the replacemeant or upgraded batteries from their own manufacturer A123 or 234 being sold at cost to Fisker owners? That would be making progress.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Eric, when you say "parts were already available from Harleyguy", are you telling me that 13 months ago Harleyguy could get as many parts as today? If not, then it's progress, right? Do you agree?

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
Funny and a pitty.
still no idea on what it means for us

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why isn't a software upgrade already available to upload at the service centers? It was already developed more than 2 years ago, but never released. Where are the replacemeant or upgraded batteries from their own manufacturer A123 or 234 being sold at cost to Fisker owners? That would be making progress.
http://www.thenewfisker.com/forums/owners/karma/280-karma-elevate
We hope to post the first software upgrade here in the coming weeks. It will be the new Baseline 520 software that touches many parts of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Why isn't a software upgrade already available to upload at the service centers? It was already developed more than 2 years ago, but never released.
That is because it was not validated before the bankruptcy. Did you really want a software upgrade the potentially could make your car behave worse released? Or, do you want whoever is in charge, be it Fisker or Elux to validate your software before installing it in your car?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Sorry folks, but I feel censored in the Forums, the new company is offering.
It happened again, that I'm getting something like 'your post has to be approved by an administrator'. And none of my posts have been approved so far... at least I did not get any information (configured it!) or even am not able to find them.

That's not how I like to discuss or how I think forums in the internet should work.

Additionally, it's unfair, to spam Fiskerbuzz with a lot of 'Hey fan, come over to our forum' messages.
This Fiskerbuzz community is working 'for Fiske' for more than 6 years now. As the new Forums are not that usable (no offline reading, no Smartphone Support *, no search engine, no history, no structure, no content ....) but NewFisker is forcing users to come over, users will have a lot more effort to follow the discussion.

This will split the community!!!

I'm a lazy guy and for reading, I'm always using the 'Unread' - filter and don't care about the particular board, where the posts are organized in. I'm taking care of the boards, as soon I will start a conversation, but then I switch back to the 'Unread'....
Yes, I need to uncheck the dump 'Watch movie' spam, which appear from time to time, but I can cope with them, as long as the rest is convenient.
For writing, I'm used to an open and direct placement of the posts. If Forum policy requires an censorship, someone should at least setup the position to do this immediately... I'd not expect this questionable work to be done by the volunteering mods.

*) with 'No Smartphone Support' I'm referring to just using standard views, defined for PC screens. They are wasting a lot of space when it comes to smaller screens. Scrolling and editing in forms as well as scrolling in the filter settings is almost impossible.

I'm in a bad mood about the new process and to be honest, I'm expecting some payback, as soon it comes to services, updates or news... thats how critics might get handled.

·
320 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:
Sorry folks, but I feel censored in the Forums, the new company is offering.
It happened again, that I'm getting something like 'your post has to be approved by an administrator'. And none of my posts have been approved so far... at least I did not get any information (configured it!) or even am not able to find them.

That's not how I like to discuss or how I think forums in the internet should work.

Additionally, it's unfair, to spam Fiskerbuzz with a lot of 'Hey fan, come over to our forum' messages.
This Fiskerbuzz community is working 'for Fiske' for more than 6 years now. As the new Forums are not that usable (no offline reading, no Smartphone Support *, no search engine, no history, no structure, no content ....) but NewFisker is forcing users to come over, users will have a lot more effort to follow the discussion.

This will split the community!!!

I'm a lazy guy and for reading, I'm always using the 'Unread' - filter and don't care about the particular board, where the posts are organized in. I'm taking care of the boards, as soon I will start a conversation, but then I switch back to the 'Unread'....
Yes, I need to uncheck the dump 'Watch movie' spam, which appear from time to time, but I can cope with them, as long as the rest is convenient.
For writing, I'm used to an open and direct placement of the posts. If Forum policy requires an censorship, someone should at least setup the position to do this immediately... I'd not expect this questionable work to be done by the volunteering mods.

*) with 'No Smartphone Support' I'm referring to just using standard views, defined for PC screens. They are wasting a lot of space when it comes to smaller screens. Scrolling and editing in forms as well as scrolling in the filter settings is almost impossible.

I'm in a bad mood about the new process and to be honest, I'm expecting some payback, as soon it comes to services, updates or news... thats how critics might get handled.
Well said:thumbup:

·
320 Posts
That is because it was not validated before the bankruptcy. Did you really want a software upgrade the potentially could make your car behave worse released? Or, do you want whoever is in charge, be it Fisker or Elux to validate your software before installing it in your car?
Wasn't February 2014 to May 2015 not enough time to do so?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
It certainly should have been if there were engineers working on it. Do you think the day after W purchased Fisker, they had a full team of employees ready to move in and take over development? Don't you think they had to hire and re-start a corporation that had pretty much been shuttered.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great post Stefan. Let's keep what is working well - and it is this forum. So far nobody is censoring or approving any posts here, which is how it should be.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wouldn't it make more sense to keep the forum independent of the new Fisker site so if that site disappears our forum wouldn't disappear?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm staying here - it seems foolish to transfer us all to a site which could disappear at anytime along with our posts and collective history.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
FiskerBuzz isn't going anywhere.

Having said that, I understand why the new Fisker would have their own forum communication channel and how that channel would be the one where they would participate the most fully and with the most direct involvement. I also have a BMW i3 and they're doing the same thing; there's an established enthusiast-led forum and now there's a complementary/competing BMW led one where they are 'officially' participating'. So I'm in both.

I'm also glad that they are able to do something we've long wanted on FiskerBuzz but had no mechanism for governance: An owner's-only subforum. I recognize we have a lot of momentum and a treasure trove of content in the archives here, but what Elux is bringing to the table is new and in addition to that. Time will tell if it fully replaces FiskerBuzz for me, but I know it isn't going to anytime soon. It's new and more, and I'm happy for it.

By the way, just like I am for FiskerBuzz I'm also going to be a moderator on the New Fisker/Elux forums and I intend to moderate there with the same light touch as I do here.

Brent

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm staying here - it seems foolish to transfer us all to a site which could disappear at anytime along with our posts and collective history.
Everyone is certainly free to post wherever they want. If the New Fisker cannot transfer key content from FiskerBuzz, then we'll just have to rebuild via new posts. Hopefully, lots of the content that is on FiskerBuzz will become a relic over time (e.g. as New Fisker releases new software and updated hardware under the ELEVATE program that makes the scars, bruises and lessons learned of the past a distant memory).

Also, I agree the site going away is a valid concern, but the people that participate in the site are what create and update the content.

Finally, I understand that lots of people were burned by the old Fisker. However, I think we all need to give the New Fisker a chance to succeed versus assuming they will fail. Lots of things are different now, and especially the fact that New Fisker is owned by a company with a proven and successful business model. IMHO the fact that the chairman of Wanxiang has stated they will do "whatever it takes" means a lot.

P.S. New Fisker is aware of the concern about posts needing to be "approved" by a moderator before the post appears.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts