Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like there will be another customer Town Hall webinar shortly. I sent the following email yesterday to Josh Batie, Director of Customer Services:

Josh,

The initial customer Town Hall meeting was very successful. In the communication to owners below, you stated “We plan on having these meetings once a month”. It has been 6 weeks since the first meeting and there has been no communication to owners about Fisker hosting another such meeting.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions in the owner universe, including:

What’s after 6.15?
What about the CEL’s and other problems we are still seeing even though we have installed 6.15?
What are Fisker’s plans for improving the sub-standard user interface in the Command Center?
Why was a very helpful technician from one of the dealerships told by Fisker HQ to stop posting on Fisker Buzz?
How are sales going? Is Fisker a viable company?
What about the car that caught fire?

In order to build owner confidence, Fisker needs to follow through on its commitment to host monthly customer webinars.

Thanks for listening,
Dennis



I received the following response this morning:

Dennis,

Thanks for the e-mail and the feedback.

We are currently scheduling our next Town Hall and I will be sending an invitation over the next couple of days. I plan on addressing all of your questions during that meeting.

Thanks for your continued support and we look forward to speaking with you very shortly.

Best regards,
Josh Batie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

Well written Dennis. Great questions. I can't wait for the answers.
 

·
Early Adopter
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

;);) nice job , lets hope they follow thru ...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

Excellent!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

Are these Town Hall webinars accessible only to owners of a Fisker Karma or are they open to people who are interested in the car and considering purchasing one in the future?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
125 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

I was on the phone with one of the Fisker factory service people about an unrelated issue Thursday and ask him about any upcoming Town Hall Meetings and he said "probably in the next couple of weeks."
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

Weird Fishes said:
Are these Town Hall webinars accessible only to owners of a Fisker Karma or are they open to people who are interested in the car and considering purchasing one in the future?
There's no verification process when you sign in. As long as you know the phone number, code and online meeting link you can participate. They only send those to registered owners, but I think you can expect someone will post it on these forums when it's available too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

Did anyone ever get this new town hall invitation? With the Karma fire, A123 troubles, and lingering bugs after 6.15 we really need some reassurance from Fisker!


dennis said:
It looks like there will be another customer Town Hall webinar shortly. I sent the following email yesterday to Josh Batie, Director of Customer Services:

Josh,

The initial customer Town Hall meeting was very successful. In the communication to owners below, you stated “We plan on having these meetings once a month”. It has been 6 weeks since the first meeting and there has been no communication to owners about Fisker hosting another such meeting.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions in the owner universe, including:

What’s after 6.15?
What about the CEL’s and other problems we are still seeing even though we have installed 6.15?
What are Fisker’s plans for improving the sub-standard user interface in the Command Center?
Why was a very helpful technician from one of the dealerships told by Fisker HQ to stop posting on Fisker Buzz?
How are sales going? Is Fisker a viable company?
What about the car that caught fire?

In order to build owner confidence, Fisker needs to follow through on its commitment to host monthly customer webinars.

Thanks for listening,
Dennis



I received the following response this morning:

Dennis,

Thanks for the e-mail and the feedback.

We are currently scheduling our next Town Hall and I will be sending an invitation over the next couple of days. I plan on addressing all of your questions during that meeting.

Thanks for your continued support and we look forward to speaking with you very shortly.

Best regards,
Josh Batie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

drliu said:
Did anyone ever get this new town hall invitation? With the Karma fire, A123 troubles, and lingering bugs after 6.15 we really need some reassurance from Fisker!


dennis said:
It looks like there will be another customer Town Hall webinar shortly. I sent the following email yesterday to Josh Batie, Director of Customer Services:

Josh,

The initial customer Town Hall meeting was very successful. In the communication to owners below, you stated “We plan on having these meetings once a month”. It has been 6 weeks since the first meeting and there has been no communication to owners about Fisker hosting another such meeting.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions in the owner universe, including:

What’s after 6.15?
What about the CEL’s and other problems we are still seeing even though we have installed 6.15?
What are Fisker’s plans for improving the sub-standard user interface in the Command Center?
Why was a very helpful technician from one of the dealerships told by Fisker HQ to stop posting on Fisker Buzz?
How are sales going? Is Fisker a viable company?
What about the car that caught fire?

In order to build owner confidence, Fisker needs to follow through on its commitment to host monthly customer webinars.

Thanks for listening,
Dennis



I received the following response this morning:

Dennis,

Thanks for the e-mail and the feedback.

We are currently scheduling our next Town Hall and I will be sending an invitation over the next couple of days. I plan on addressing all of your questions during that meeting.

Thanks for your continued support and we look forward to speaking with you very shortly.

Best regards,
Josh Batie
drliu,

You can take the A123 trouble off your list. Business wise, it is fine and only A123 shareholders will be taking the hit. As far as Fisker Karma owner is concerned, there is no worry for A123 not to replace your battery pack that might have a problem. A123 is perfect to a fault for warranty replacement. For future Karma owner, the new battery is sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

Sparky168 said:
You can take the A123 trouble off your list. Business wise, it is fine and only A123 shareholders will be taking the hit. As far as Fisker Karma owner is concerned, there is no worry for A123 not to replace your battery pack that might have a problem. A123 is perfect to a fault for warranty replacement. For future Karma owner, the new battery is sound.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to various financial articles (heres' one) regarding A123, their most recent report (released on May 15th) was for a $125 Mil. loss, they've never posted a profit, they received $128 Mil. from the taxpayer, and their stock went from a high of around $25 down to today's current price of $0.93. Let's be honest, business-wise, that's not "fine". Hopefully, they'll pull out of this, but it is concerning to me. Let's not sugar-coat it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

A123's press release is below. I found some of the statements to be cause for concern, but I hope sparky's optimism is well-founded.

I imagine that the Karma customer base is unusually business-savvy compared with typical car owners, so hopefully some of you can shed further light on the quarterly report. I was not thrilled to see that at their 1Q12 burn rate, they have less than one quarter of cash remaining (though they note that they have future notes and warrants coming in). Also, I hope "capacity constrained over the next several quarters" doesn't slow down the rate of Karma battery replacement.

It looks like their technology is excellent, so hopefully for all of us and the industry they will make it.

-David


WALTHAM, Mass., May 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A123 Systems (Nasdaq:AONE), a developer and manufacturer of advanced Nanophosphate® lithium iron phosphate batteries and systems, today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.

"Our first quarter results were consistent with our revised expectations as reported last week. Revenue for the first quarter was impacted by our campaign to replace prismatic products in the field that may be defective and the temporary shutdown of our facility in Livonia, Mich," stated David Vieau, CEO of A123 Systems. "Since announcing the field campaign, we believe we have identified and corrected the root cause of the defective cells. We are gradually restarting production in a controlled manner consistent with our commitment to improve our manufacturing processes and quality, and have started shipping replacement products to impacted customers. Our customers have been generally supportive during this process, and we continue to work with them during this challenging period."

"We intend to provide customers affected by the campaign with replacement products as quickly as possible. With our systematic approach to ramping production volumes and anticipated customer demand, we expect to be capacity constrained over the next several quarters," Vieau added. "Due to the limitations with respect to our manufacturing ramp, we anticipate that revenue in 2012 will be below our prior expectations and consistent with those communicated last week. Our customer pipeline continues to be strong in all our target markets."

Financial Highlights

Revenue: Total revenue for the first quarter of 2012 was $10.9 million, a decrease of 40% from $18.1 million in the first quarter of 2011. Within total revenue, product revenue was $7.3 million, a 53% decrease from $15.5 million in the first quarter of 2011, and services revenue was $3.6 million, compared to $2.6 million in the first quarter of 2011.

Gross Profit/(Loss): Gross loss was ($90.8) million in the first quarter of 2012, compared to a gross loss of ($15.5) million in the first quarter of 2011.

Net Income/(Loss): Net loss was ($125.0) million, or ($0.87) per common share, based on 143.4 million weighted average common shares outstanding in the first quarter of 2012. This compared to a net loss of ($53.6) million in the first quarter of 2011, or ($0.51) per common share, based on 105.5 million weighted average common shares outstanding.

Adjusted EBITDA: Adjusted EBITDA, a non-GAAP financial measure, was a loss of ($120.0) million in the first quarter of 2012, compared to ($45.4) million in the first quarter of 2011.

A reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results has been provided in the financial statement tables included at the end of this press release. An explanation of these measures is also included below under the heading "Non-GAAP Financial Measures."

Cash: A123 Systems had cash and cash equivalents of $113.1 million as of March 31, 2012. This balance does not reflect proceeds expected from our private offering of convertible notes and warrants announced on May 11, 2012. Cash and cash equivalents were $186.9 million as of December 31, 2011.

Other First Quarter and Recent Business Highlights

Product Revenue Mix: During the first quarter of 2012, transportation revenue was $4.5 million and commercial revenue was $2.8 million. This compares to transportation revenue of $12.3 million and commercial revenue of $3.1 million in the first quarter of 2011. Grid revenue was not material, as anticipated, in the first quarter of 2012 or the first quarter of 2011.

Product Shipments: During the first quarter of 2012, product shipments were 10.0 million watt hours compared to 14.3 million watt hours in the first quarter of 2011.

Financial and Business Metric Summary

[/quote]

drliu,

You can take the A123 trouble off your list. Business wise, it is fine and only A123 shareholders will be taking the hit. As far as Fisker Karma owner is concerned, there is no worry for A123 not to replace your battery pack that might have a problem. A123 is perfect to a fault for warranty replacement. For future Karma owner, the new battery is sound.


[/quote]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

matrix said:
Sparky168 said:
You can take the A123 trouble off your list. Business wise, it is fine and only A123 shareholders will be taking the hit. As far as Fisker Karma owner is concerned, there is no worry for A123 not to replace your battery pack that might have a problem. A123 is perfect to a fault for warranty replacement. For future Karma owner, the new battery is sound.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to various financial articles (heres' one) regarding A123, their most recent report (released on May 15th) was for a $125 Mil. loss, they've never posted a profit, they received $128 Mil. from the taxpayer, and their stock went from a high of around $25 down to today's current price of $0.93. Let's be honest, business-wise, that's not "fine". Hopefully, they'll pull out of this, but it is concerning to me. Let's not sugar-coat it.
I am not sugar coating it. As far as a customer, you have no concern. That is all I am saying.

As A123 shareholders, they get the short end of the stick. But this is no concern to you as a Fisker customer.

Just go and enjoy your drive in your beautiful Karma.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

I just got the email invitation:

Wednesday May 23rd
1:00-2:00 PDT
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

dennis said:
I just got the email invitation:

Wednesday May 23rd
1:00-2:00 PDT
Ditto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

Awesome! Looking forward to the new town hall and kudos to Fisker for holding another one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
353 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

I've also been invited to participate in the town hall meeting. This is the second one that I will have attended while in Shanghai, China. Of course this time it will be at 4:00am here. :s
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
125 Posts
RE: Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

I'm not getting e-mails from Fisker. About this Town Hall or the last one :-(

Do you guys know who should I call to make sure they have my proper contact information?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Upcoming customer Town Hall meeting

could you ask fisker about the changes in 2013 model and when it will be available
 
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Top