Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day shortly after having plugged in as usual my mobile charger the cable became hot and the plug-in started smelting. after having used it anyway for a few days now it's definitively broken. I'm charging my car in the same way since more than a year. has anybody an idea what may happened? and furthermore where can I buy a new charger for Switzerland?

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
The other day shortly after having plugged in as usual my mobile charger the cable became hot and the plug-in started smelting. after having used it anyway for a few days now it's definitively broken. I'm charging my car in the same way since more than a year. has anybody an idea what may happened? and furthermore where can I buy a new charger for Switzerland?
I assume the plug that melted was the one plugged into the wall, not the end plugged into the car. If the only problem is the plug, it should be pretty easy to cut the cable and wire in a new plug. The electric plug goes get pretty hot on these since is drawing a fairly high current continuously for long periods of time. If the "brick" has stopped working, you can just buy one of the many level I chargers available on the market. As long as it is J1772 compliant, it should work with the Karma.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts