Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At its core, a warranty is basically an insurance policy and some insurance companies offer extended warranties or Mechanical Breakdown Insurance that can cover the car after the expiration of the manufacturer's warranty, or in situations when you are buying a used car that does not come with a warranty. after a quick search I found a few companies that offer this coverage:

Geico

Nationwide

21st Century

Insurance Center Associates (Sketchy)

State Farm (Can be added to existing car insurance)

One of these policies from a reputable company may be a viable options for those who do not want to go without any sort of coverage on their Karmas. I suspect it would be expensive but it may be worth it for the peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without parts, it won't help much......
If there is a source of money, parts can be purchased from the OEMs that make them for Fisker directly, at least that's the hope.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very possible, if not probable, that they are no longer making the parts since they probably have not been paid either.
That's my point. They would probably make them again if there was demand backed by actual money. This is all speculation, of course. It's hard enough to get a Karma insured. getting an extended warranty will be a huge challenge.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
ICE parts should be easy, brake parts will be easy probably as well (Brembo, and I'll also say I've never had to do a set of brakes on a Karma yet).

I'll bet there are still some drive motors/gens (same part, from what I understand) and RDM's out there, available. The parts we had problems sourcing were from companies that we were told specifically stopped production since Fisker stopped production (Example I'll use is a number of the seat parts, which were made by Magna). Didn't have any issues getting RDM's and motors when we needed them though.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
We always got any parts I needed from traction motors to wiper blades matter of fact just got an order of wiper blades in today . If the demand is high parts will be available . One other thing we don't know on a dealer level we weren't able to check the available inventory when we ordered parts . One of our other cars line we were able to check how many of the part we needed was in the warehouse or on back order or coming from another location . I also believe Ford and GM Deaerships can check stock in other dealerships . I know that doesn't help now but it was on my wish list last year . I also heard that dealers that have multiple parts in stock might be looking for other dealerships to by the over stock or the expensive parts they have like traction motors . They are trying to recover some money

·
Registered
15 Posts
We always got any parts I needed from traction motors to wiper blades matter of fact just got an order of wiper blades in today . If the demand is high parts will be available . One other thing we don't know on a dealer level we weren't able to check the available inventory when we ordered parts . One of our other cars line we were able to check how many of the part we needed was in the warehouse or on back order or coming from another location . I also believe Ford and GM Deaerships can check stock in other dealerships . I know that doesn't help now but it was on my wish list last year . I also heard that dealers that have multiple parts in stock might be looking for other dealerships to by the over stock or the expensive parts they have like traction motors . They are trying to recover some money
West coast vs East coast ?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm in OC (Southern Cali), he's in Florida. I don't think location had anything to do with it based on that.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
But you guys have great Crabs! I love those soft shell crabs. Can't get those in Southern California. It takes a sledgehammer to get the meat out!

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Generators? Drive Motors? RDMs ? I doubt it
Those parts can be rebuilt. This is not rocket science.

If there is a market opportunity (2000 cars), enterprising people will step in to supply the parts/service.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
But you guys have great Crabs! I love those soft shell crabs.
I grew up in Baltimore. Steamed crabs and soft shell crabs are the only thing I miss after 40+ years in NorCal.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I grew up in Baltimore. Steamed crabs and soft shell crabs are the only thing I miss after 40+ years in NorCal.
That's what next day FedEx is for!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts