Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am an MBA student at the Paul Merage School of Business at UC Irvine. While I don't own a Fisker (yet...), I am involved in a project. For our marketing class, our group decided to evaluate various segments and behaviors of customers of both Fisker and Tesla. We have created a survey and we would very much appreciate if you took the time to fill it out to help out our project. It's completely anonymous and we are not affiliated with any company. I will also post the link in the Fisker thread. Thank you very much for your time.

Here is the survey link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZDPYD6M

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
There are lots of owners in the area, as well as myself (though not an owner). Would you like me to see if I can get you in touch with any of them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be awesome if you could get in touch with them and let them know about our project and survey...you guys are a lot nicer here on this board...I think my posts already got booted from the Teslamotorsclub site...Again, we would be very grateful if you could pass the word. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
That would be awesome if you could get in touch with them and let them know about our project and survey...you guys are a lot nicer here on this board...I think my posts already got booted from the Teslamotorsclub site...Again, we would be very grateful if you could pass the word. Thanks again.
Don"t worry I've never seen a post get booted here no matter if its spam or people selling things or promoting something .

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Don"t worry I've never seen a post get booted here no matter if its spam or people selling things or promoting something .
I take down posts and ban posters all the time for posting Spam. It's just so efficiently done that you are not even aware of it. :D

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
If you can tell us what type of information you need for your project and what you plan to do with the information in a bit more detail, the owners can get in touch with you via PM and you may be able to set up a phone interview.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically we are looking at what customers of the different companies wanted in their cars and what they actually got...in their opinion...and also what they thought of the competitor...in this case Tesla...or if your were a model S buyer then what you thought of Fisker. While the Karma is technically a hybrid, it's also local to UCI and it was the closest EV in the luxury segment to compare to Tesla. Our class and professor looks at business and marketing through the eyes of the customer, a bottom up way to marketing strategy, as opposed to a top down approach where you build something and hope people buy it...This data is for our group final project whereby we compare these two companies and the customer segments.

If they can/want to fill out that survey it basically has the questions that we came up with the gauge the customers "wants and needs" so to speak.

Here's the link again:

Thank you everyone for your help with our project. We really can't do it without input from you guys.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Basically we are looking at what customers of the different companies wanted in their cars and what they actually got...in their opinion...and also what they thought of the competitor...in this case Tesla...or if your were a model S buyer then what you thought of Fisker. While the Karma is technically a hybrid, it's also local to UCI and it was the closest EV in the luxury segment to compare to Tesla. Our class and professor looks at business and marketing through the eyes of the customer, a bottom up way to marketing strategy, as opposed to a top down approach where you build something and hope people buy it...This data is for our group final project whereby we compare these two companies and the customer segments.

If they can/want to fill out that survey it basically has the questions that we came up with the gauge the customers "wants and needs" so to speak.

Here's the link again:

Thank you everyone for your help with our project. We really can't do it without input from you guys.

if your intersted in user feed back, check this out then

http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/1536-karma-features-we-want.html

·
Registered
199 Posts
Uci, there is a basic error in your approach in my opinion. For many people on this forum, the Tesla is not the main competitor. I would never have bought a Tesla, even if Fisker would not have existed.

·
Registered
996 Posts
In your opinion, what is the main competitor?
Panamera, Quattroporte, Rapide, CL. I think that most people who bought the Karma did so for the design and eco friendly nature of the car (recycled materials and serial hybrid) where as most people who bought the Tesla did so because it was a long range battery electric vehicle.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Aston Martin Rapide, Masserati Quattroporte. The Fisker is less than half the price here compared to these two cars becuase of the tax breaks. So for me it was the combination of style and price. The electric power train is a bonus. The Tesla misses style and I will never buy a 100% electric car unless it can be charged in 5 minutes.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Uci, there is a basic error in your approach in my opinion. For many people on this forum, the Tesla is not the main competitor. I would never have bought a Tesla, even if Fisker would not have existed.
I agree, my motivation for the karma was a great looking car that could hold 4 people ( at least that's my going in position) - the electric drive train has become seductive and I enjoy it allot. The competition for me was Maserati, Porches, Mercedes ,BWM and Aston Martin - for me the karma was better looking and I liked the ride too.

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
Agree 100%. Tesla is not even an option to me. Too fugly.

That last question on the survey is kind of a silly one to ask - why I like a Tesla better then a Karma???? I don't - thats why I bought the Karma. And the larger fill out area about what would convince me to buy a Tesla???? Um, nothing, but that answer wasn't an option ... poor survey design on those two points.

·
Registered
886 Posts
UCI,

Roberta got the point.
Aren't you afraid of getting into the corner on any dependencies? Who is the sponsor of this task?
I'd think Tesler could get more out of it, than Fisker would be able to... in their current state.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
261 Posts
also have to say that design and beauty was the primary reason for buying the car, not the electric component, although it did become meaningful once I had posession of the vehicle.
I was on my way to the MB showroom to trade in my 03 500SL on a 2014, when I stopped into the Fisker showroom. One test drive had me hooked. Never made it to MB showroom.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
So true. Once you experience the electric propulsion engine, ICE just doesn't cut it.

I think Tesla thought Fisker was a competitor more than the other way around. I can still remember the Tesla employee trash talking the Karma when I was waiting for my reservation holder test drive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts