Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now approaching 5000mi- use as my primary car. Just took it in for 6.28 (was waiting since no issues with 6.15)- dealer noticed subtle noise in rear- need to replace entire rear motor. My point is make sure you have a good dealer that really tests drives after updates etc. I was impressed since I have not noticed an issue but they did- obviously all covered- will know what the issue was after replaced this week and they take it all apart. Love this car

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just took mine in for the 6.28 update (I was still running 6.13) and they ended up replacing the entire battery pack and delivering the car back to me (I live 45 minutes from the dealership in Detroit).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IF anyone has major service issues like these, it would be helpful to add to this thread as one of the first things the dealers have to check is if this is a reported problem and it would always be nice to know frequency of issues not tied to software

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Last Thursday on my way from the Bay Area to Lake Tahoe I had a failure of the splines on one of the rear drive motors, resulting in a loud siren-like sound, a CEL and a message to contact Fisker Service.

The response from Fisker Roadside Assistance and Fisker Silicon Valley was great. A tow truck from Sacramento was there in about an hour. They took me to a car rental place in Davis, where we rented a car at Fisker's expense and proceeded on to our destination.

The Karma arrived at the dealership Thursday afternoon and they immediately diagnosed the problem. Fisker HQ Service authorized a complete Rear Drive Module replacement, which was installed on Friday. I will be picking up the car on my way home today.

I was disappointed to not be driving my Karma while at Lake Tahoe, but was really impressed by the service I got from both my dealer and Roadside Assistance. Kudos to Fisker! :thumbup: :fisker:

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Hmmm, so now there seems to be a few Buzzers here that have had either their battery replaced or the RDM replaced. Does it seem like a high % than one would expect? I only have about 2K miles on my Karma so far but it sounds like my HV battery will need to be replaced. I am just wondering if when I'm at 5-8K, if I'll have trouble with the RDM...

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Had my services pulled at around 4400 because the tilt steering locked up and got the 6.28 update at the same time. No battery or drivetrain issues yet. Knock on wood, just above the Command Center. ;-)

·
Registered
97 Posts
almost 7k miles on mine with 7.28 - no problems except waiting for the darn light to go out before plugging so the fan doesn't run all night.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
marcus said:
almost 7k miles on mine with 7.28 - no problems except waiting for the darn light to go out before plugging so the fan doesn't run all night.
You no longer have to wait to plugin I'm told by Fisker.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Spoke too soon - 7050 miles a "Critical Systems Fault" and other lights including CEL left me stranded in a parking lot. Too bad they don't bring you a loaner as there were certainly other things I needed to be doing that day. Anyway - the car is at the dealer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Did something change in your car that at 7050 the car breaks down? What is going on with these cars? This concerns me as it seemed Fisker was working out all the bugs and then suddenly a new crop of problems for some people.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No change for me. It was smooth sailing with 6.28 until the breakdown. Not going to lemon yet but if I get stranded again I will seek a replacement. No way I will drive a 2012 car that will break down like that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
going on 2 weeks at the dealer. I am told that there are quite a few cars needing rear motor and they do not have spare parts- have to get it from the manufacturer. Also going to get batteries changed. No timeline yet- I do not consider it a Lemon since it is a startup company and as long as they fix things, I am fine. Rather all of this come to light in the first 20K miles than after the warranty is up. The more we have on the road and the more we drive them, the faster we find out about issues. SO far, both my dealer (Scottsdale Fisker Ferrari Maserati) and Fisker have been very good. I am going back to get a Hertz premiuim rental instead of the usual loaner (Fisker covering the costs) since it is taking so long. Once I find out details will post- they are going over everything on the car and said they will replace anything they need- the posts here by everyone help as dealers can focus their attention on areas that may be an issue even before you have experienced a problem. I was not aware the rear motor was an issue when I simply took it in for updates

1 - 12 of 12 Posts