Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had problems charging ever since battery pack changed and 6.28. Had Blink engineers working on it and local Fisker tech. After that failed, Fisker sent to engineers to Scottsdale (drove from CA in a Karma that has over 60K miles- so we know it will run well until then, even in extreme conditions) who quickly solved the issue at my home. Blink engineers were here as well. Kudos to Mark and MArcel from Fisker and the great customer service. And Nedim at customer affairs for staying on top of things. These guys were awesome- personable, efficient and represent Fisker well. I know of no other auto brand that would send a team of engineers from headquarters to an out of state residence, to deal with an issue. Just that alone is why Fisker trumps Tesla and any other luxury brand. Never a worry!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would help- turns out when dealer did 6.28 flash and changed my battery pack, the battery module did not get the update. They had done the flash and then changed the batteries. The flash always has to be the last thing after a service to make sure that all aspects of the flash upload. Basically the dealer records indicated the car was up to date but had they looked closer, they would have noted the BCM was not. Dennis had the same issue after his battery change and it was corrected. I think the lesson here is the dealers and techs may not always be able to figure it out and that Fisker is very responsive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wish Fisker would treat me similarly.
I was delivered a Karma in May that was DOA until I figured out that a connector was broken. I fixed it with zip-ties and the car came back to life. A new connector was shipped to me and a local (Alaskan) Chevy dealer installed it. The navigation system has NEVER worked. My last contact with Fisker went something like this: If you want your NAV system repaired you will have to pay to ship it back to Seattle. Basically TOUGH LUCK!. This is a bit disappointing as the sale (with Seattle) was based on the agreement that if there was a warantee issue they would ship the car back there for the repair. Again my NAV system has been broken (completely non-functional) since day 1 and the car was DOA. My office staff (I am a physician) were very amused by this expensive car that looked good but would not run. I am very proud that I was able to diagnose the problem and to fix it. Fisker needs to treat its early adopters better. I have waited for a reasonable response but I have finally given up with normal channels and so I am posting here. Perhaps public exposure will stir up some activity.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Sportsmeddoc said:
That would help- turns out when dealer did 6.28 flash and changed my battery pack, the battery module did not get the update. They had done the flash and then changed the batteries. The flash always has to be the last thing after a service to make sure that all aspects of the flash upload. Basically the dealer records indicated the car was up to date but had they looked closer, they would have noted the BCM was not. Dennis had the same issue after his battery change and it was corrected. I think the lesson here is the dealers and techs may not always be able to figure it out and that Fisker is very responsive.
Fisker Silicon Valley said they were going to update their own service protocols to include checking the software version of any programmable component that they install as a replacement. That should keep this kind of problem from affecting other owners.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Sportsmeddoc, could you charge you karma with the portable charger you get with the car?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes the 110V was never an issue- it was only a problem with chargers that allowed delayed schedules- that is plug in and the charger kicks in at a specific time key is to make sure ALL components have most updated flash so if any component needs to be changed a flash may also need to be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts