Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had it happen...tire problem. So the TPMS light went off and the central console went orange. This is what it looks like.

It is not very good. When I get into the Dx screen and tap TIRES it takes about 4 taps and then this flashes and then goes away. Not user friendly at all.

 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Sorry for the off topic reply, but is that a piece of shelf paper over the battery window? That's a clever idea. Protect the lucite and have a no-skid storage area.

Sorry about the TPMS warning. Was your tire actually low?

I with the diag screen would let you see tire pressure in all conditions, not only when there's an issue.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
The screen is supposed to stay up until you tap the Close button. Another glitch in the software.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
It's nice to see that the Diag screen for the TPMS system actually reports the tire pressures. I continue to get an erroneous TPMS light on the dash but nothing on the Diag screen. This has occurred on 6.12, 6.13.5 and 6.14.2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the subject of tires, can the Karma be lifted in any normal tire store with the lifts (I remember seeing a picture with all those orange cables under there) or is that prohibited. For that matter, what about with a regular jack?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
bigdaddyo811 said:
On the subject of tires, can the Karma be lifted in any normal tire store with the lifts (I remember seeing a picture with all those orange cables under there) or is that prohibited. For that matter, what about with a regular jack?
Yes, the Fisker can be put on a lift. There's no spare, and no jack, so there's no information about using a jack in the owner's manual.

You might be interested in this article which among other very interesting things talks about putting a Fisker on a lift and figuring out how:

Suspension Walkaround
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
LonePalmBJ said:
bigdaddyo811 said:
On the subject of tires, can the Karma be lifted in any normal tire store with the lifts (I remember seeing a picture with all those orange cables under there) or is that prohibited. For that matter, what about with a regular jack?
Yes, the Fisker can be put on a lift. There's no spare, and no jack, so there's no information about using a jack in the owner's manual.

You might be interested in this article which among other very interesting things talks about putting a Fisker on a lift and figuring out how:

Suspension Walkaround
I believe this is covered in the owners manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
dennis said:
It's nice to see that the Diag screen for the TPMS system actually reports the tire pressures. I continue to get an erroneous TPMS light on the dash but nothing on the Diag screen. This has occurred on 6.12, 6.13.5 and 6.14.2.
Me too. Just got my car 2 days ago. The light came on almost immediately and has stayed on despite no info on the diag screen and no tire pressure issue on manual inspection. This light is the only bug of any sort I have encountered so far.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
gatorsurgeon said:
Me too. Just got my car 2 days ago. The light came on almost immediately and has stayed on despite no info on the diag screen and no tire pressure issue on manual inspection. This light is the only bug of any sort I have encountered so far.
Your dealer should be able to fix this. It has something to do with the TPMS sensors not being registered with the system that is sensing the pressures. Fisker was going to supply some sort of tool to the dealers to allow them to address this.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top