Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me out--

2 weeks back 12v battery died. I have jump started it and left the car running for 45min and everything went normal. After 3 days of it, i am seeing Low Battery Warning sign and once i start the car, sign goes off and i can drive it .But Low Battery Warning sign keeps on coming. I guess the battery is not holding it . Please let me know if i need to change battery, Which one i have to buy? how to replace it? Does it locks the HV system or any other while replacing 12v battery?

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Please help me out--

2 weeks back 12v battery died. I have jump started it and left the car running for 45min and everything went normal. After 3 days of it, i am seeing Low Battery Warning sign and once i start the car, sign goes off and i can drive it .But Low Battery Warning sign keeps on coming. I guess the battery is not holding it . Please let me know if i need to change battery, Which one i have to buy? how to replace it? Does it locks the HV system or any other while replacing 12v battery?

@Kanna, check out this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Is it the 12V battery low warning or your key fob battery warning?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou @Fabulist . i will go with MTP-48H6. But Still do i need to check Does it locks the HV system or any other while replacing 12v battery? how to replace it?
@Sigurd- Its 12v battery low warning

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The 12 volt battery is located behind the right front fender you gain access by removing right front wheel and peel back the inner wheel well liner .

·
Registered
859 Posts
Precautionary Change of OEM 12V Battery

12v SOC.jpg

The max voltage of my original 12v battery had dropped into the yellow zone so I had Pat's Garage replace it during a recent annual service.

If I had allowed it to drop into the red zone, I may have found myself locked out on a cold, dark and rainy night.

With my new battery, the voltage reads 12.7v, so it's safely at the top of the chart at 100% SOC.

I'm concerned that the Karma's red warning light may be too late, because you can't just pull up to Sears or O'Reilly and simply switch the battery in the parking lot.

Although I never got that light, my periodic measurements were showing that the original battery was heading south, so I requested the precautionary change mentioned above.

It would be nice to have the actual 12v battery output displayed prominently on the panel or in the Systems Monitoring screen part of the CIU. Meanwhile, checking your 12v battery output in the engine compartment or using an OBDII scanner with a 12v readout, should be on your Karma to-do list, especially if you've never changed the original.

It's better to be safe than soggy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou Guys for your inputs .. I can still drive the car even its showing low 12v sign..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts