Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Fisker last week and I'm in love. It's absolutely astonishing car. I'm here in Concord, Massachusetts.

People here absolutely love it. I'm not a status person. I was always surprised how much attention my Maserati brought, but this is nothing like the Karma.

I have swarms of people around my car. People almost accidents as I drive by. They don't watch what's going on around them.

I'm not sure what the exact stats are but Concord is according to the Toyota dealer the highest town in the country for Prius sales. Concord is also affluent. This is also the home of Henry David Thoureau and Ralph Waldo Emerson. Needless to say people here love it. It's completely Concord.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What color combo? Also please post pics (as the saying goes, no pics, it didn't happen!).

Also, "Texas" David living in Mass?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Welcome TexasDavid! I suggest you consider updating your profile to "Owner" or some combination as you see for other posters. My thoughts on a poster's comments are heavily influenced by knowing whether they are an owner or just interested in Fisker and EV.

I'm still loving my Fisker and almost to 5k miles. (I've even had a car enthusiast follow me into my garage....it is a most remarkable vehicle.)

·
Registered
913 Posts
EVer1 said:
Welcome TexasDavid! I suggest you consider updating your profile to "Owner" or some combination as you see for other posters. My thoughts on a poster's comments are heavily influenced by knowing whether they are an owner or just interested in Fisker and EV.

I'm still loving my Fisker and almost to 5k miles. (I've even had a car enthusiast follow me into my garage....it is a most remarkable vehicle.)
... into your garage?! :s

This does remind me, I should call my dealer and see if they have any news. The last I heard from them was that at the NJ port, they gave me the option of two different serial-number Laguna/Black-Sand Karmas to be trucked out here (along with whichever other colors they were getting). That was Thursday the 9th (and Friday when I got hold of them again I said "sure, send whichever gets here sooner!").

·
Registered
88 Posts
Followed into Garage...twice

I have had two incidents of folks seeing me pull into my garage and following (on foot) to examine the Karma and question me about it...

Seems to be a trend!

Buck

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
RE: Followed into Garage...twice

DNAGuy said:
I have had two incidents of folks seeing me pull into my garage and following (on foot) to examine the Karma and question me about it...

Seems to be a trend!

Buck
Happened to me the second day I owned the car. My neighbor across the street, who I'd never had an actual conversation with before, walked into the garage while I was parking and promptly scared the heck out of me. It led to an hour long chat about the Karma, cars in general, and our neighborhood. Not only is the Karma good for the environment, but it helps turn neighbors into friends too!

·
Registered
913 Posts
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
This does remind me, I should call my dealer and see if they have any news. The last I heard from them was that at the NJ port, they gave me the option of two different serial-number Laguna/Black-Sand Karmas to be trucked out here (along with whichever other colors they were getting). That was Thursday the 9th (and Friday when I got hold of them again I said "sure, send whichever gets here sooner!").
Haven't called the dealer yet (too many other things I had to do, and by now they will have gone home anyway) but I used the tracking site https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ and put in the two candidate VINs (I had one VIN and two production numbers, and hence could calculate the second VIN using the first VIN): YH4K14AA9CA002631 and YH4K14AA3CA002642. Both show that on the 17th, i.e., Friday, they received their "customs release" and "liner release". Not entirely sure what that means, other than, clearly they were not on a truck coming here last week...

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
RE: Followed into Garage...twice

LonePalmBJ said:
DNAGuy said:

Seems to be a trend!

Buck
Happened to me the second day I owned the car. My neighbor across the street, who I'd never had an actual conversation with before, walked into the garage while I was parking and promptly scared the heck out of me. It led to an hour long chat about the Karma, cars in general, and our neighborhood. Not only is the Karma good for the environment, but it helps turn neighbors into friends too!
I was pulling my Karma into my garage and a friend of my next door neighbor came over to tell me that a friend of his sent him a picture of a Karma that he took during his commute in Palo Alto. He then proceeded to show me the picture. After zooming in on the license plate he realized that it was my Karma.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Yes, into my garage (on foot.) Unlike the others experiencing this trend, this was not a neighbor but a guy visiting one of my neighbors and he just couldn't help but follow me down the lane (by car) and then into the garage. I didn't have my dealer's cards at the time, so I wrote down the dealership address for him. Now, I just hand out the dealer's cards and suggest a test drive. Once you drive a Karma, you want one!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Each day normally I get an average about 30 minutes of conversation about my car. The following specifics have happened:

* Someone followed me on the highway to capture a video
* A passenger in front of me stuck his head out the window and turned around to watch for at least a mile on a county road
* Countless people who have never spoken to me speak to me
* One person literally stopped his car in the street to admire it parked
* A cyclist tried to talk to me while I was driving
* Meter maids have sat admiring it -- If I had deserved a ticket they would not have given me one.
* People often let me turn or go when I don't have the right of way
* The funeral home director saw it on the street one day and watched out the window for days for me to park again so he could see who the owner was.
* At the ice cream stand, one man and his family went around asking everyone whose car it was so he could find the owner. I think I have a new friend now.

We should see who has the best story so far!

If I was a betting man I would say there is probably a 25% chance that one day they'll be an accident as a result of people looking at the car. To be honest I am a little scared about that. Iv'e seen people almost hit pedestrians and swerve into oncoming traffic.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I've had people make parking spaces for me in Yosemite and Lake Tahoe when there were none available.

I had a young lady that was driving in the lane next to me on the freeway hang out her window and take pictures of my Karma using both hands on the camera, AND SHE WAS THE DRIVER AND SOLE OCCUPANT OF THE VEHICLE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts