Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow Fisker owners:

I have had my Black Fisker Karma with Canyon Tritone for about 3 weeks. I traded in my Mercedes S550 (which I also loved), for the Fisker Karma. I am so pleased with the Fisker. My family loves it too. Bought it from Phil Brous at Miller Motor Cars in Greenwich who was a pleasure to deal with and has been very responsive to my questions. I have a question for my fellow Fisker owners. How do you keep all the people from gathering around the car all the time :)
Its amazing. I was at a celebrity golf outing and models were asking if they can sit in it and have their picture taken. They didn't even look at the Maserati, Aston Martin or Porsche that was right next to it. In fact, one person asked the Porsche owner to move their car so that they could get a better picture of mine. Its nutz. But I guess I kinda like it. Who am I kidding, I love it. Getting my EV charging station installed today. But as of right now, the charger that came with the car is pretty good. Looking forward to being part of this forum.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
jgerson said:
Hi Fellow Fisker owners:

I have had my Black Fisker Karma with Canyon Tritone for about 3 weeks. I traded in my Mercedes S550 (which I also loved), for the Fisker Karma. I am so pleased with the Fisker. My family loves it too. Bought it from Phil Brous at Miller Motor Cars in Greenwich who was a pleasure to deal with and has been very responsive to my questions. I have a question for my fellow Fisker owners. How do you keep all the people from gathering around the car all the time :)
Its amazing. I was at a celebrity golf outing and models were asking if they can sit in it and have their picture taken. They didn't even look at the Maserati, Aston Martin or Porsche that was right next to it. In fact, one person asked the Porsche owner to move their car so that they could get a better picture of mine. Its nutz. But I guess I kinda like it. Who am I kidding, I love it. Getting my EV charging station installed today. But as of right now, the charger that came with the car is pretty good. Looking forward to being part of this forum.
Congratulations! I'm constantly surprised by how much attention the Fisker generates. It's fun, but you need to plan a little extra time into a trip to the mall or the grocery store for the inevitable questions and conversations you'll have.

Some folks here have actually stuck a sticker in their windshield with a QR code people can scan to learn more about the car. I've created a small sign I display at car shows when I take the Fisker. It's a gorgeous car, and it's a conversation starter like nothing I've ever driven.

You should post some photos of your car here on the forum. There's a saying around here - "Pictures or it didn't happen!" :)

Brent

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Brent. I assume you meant post some pictures of the models in the car :) and not just of the car. I will keep that in mind now that I am on the forum.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
jgerson said:
Thanks for the advice Brent. I assume you meant post some pictures of the models in the car :) and not just of the car. I will keep that in mind now that I am on the forum.

Jeff
Well I *meant* the car, but models-in-the-car is a much better idea :)

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Welcome to the buzz! I keep a stack of my dealer's cards in the seat pocket - so the gawkers know where they can do a test drive. Don't forget to point out that the first 40 or so miles are electric - most don't know that it is eco friendly as well as beautiful.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Welcome to the buzz - Glad to hear you love your Karma - it's not a car it's an experience. Like you the attention is rediculous, and sometimes it's fine. But you will need extra time or don't make eye contact when your in a hurry....people drive me nuts, my husband won't ride with me because it gets too much attention. We are in Kentucky and evidentlsy the only one around. People act like It is from outer space or something. When my husband does ride with me (which is rare) he won't get out of the car until I get out - because people swarm around it like bees, asking questions and he doesn't really know the answers and doesn't want to talk to them about it. It's a running joke in the family - the kids try to make him ride in it! LOL!

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
KY Karma said:
Welcome to the buzz - Glad to hear you love your Karma - it's not a car it's an experience. Like you the attention is rediculous, and sometimes it's fine. But you will need extra time or don't make eye contact when your in a hurry....people drive me nuts, my husband won't ride with me because it gets too much attention. We are in Kentucky and evidentlsy the only one around. People act like It is from outer space or something. When my husband does ride with me (which is rare) he won't get out of the car until I get out - because people swarm around it like bees, asking questions and he doesn't really know the answers and doesn't want to talk to them about it. It's a running joke in the family - the kids try to make him ride in it! LOL!
That's really great. I live in San Francisco where there are number of Karmas, and many other expensive and exotic cars on the streets, and I still get the same reaction. I am fairly easygoing by nature and usually try to answer everyone's questions but it does get taxing sometimes, especially if I am in a hurry.

You may have seen this on other posts, but in case you have not, I made a QR code for my car so that when I am not there, folks can scan it and get information about the car. You can read the discussion, along with how to make a QR code in this thread.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Yes I got the Code and a flyer that I printed for people that want more info! Pretty funny!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts