Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1435 delivered today at 815pm pst to Palm Springs. WOW! Like many of my fellow owners, I was not able to drive my own car prior to delivery, and I have to tell everyone, that living vicariously through the pre-delivery was exciting and terrifying! lol, but it was truly Love at FIrst Drive tonight!
Voltaire (i know, very prius chat to name one's Karma) is SO beautiful in the night light and did everything to spec for the first 45 miles :)
The sound and feeling is like nothing else, I currently have a rapide, vantage, evoque, ghost and a 69 E Type and I can honestly say this is beyond unique.
Took first drive to the new Siguaro Hotel in Palm Springs and was asked to park under the porte cochere by the valet which was terrific. Like many of you, the crowd is instant, large and smiling and taking photos. Oddly, many said "congratulations!" as if we were friends and this was an arrival of something anticipated by all.

Id like to thank Wimbledon, Nymsis and many others for their efforts on the Forum and assisting each of us through this new frontier. I always loved the Tucker, Chrysler Turbine and EV1 Stories (Who Killed the Electric Car is still an amazing film) and now feel like a part of the new lore.
Im buckled in for bugs and quirks but tonights thrill made it all worthwhile. Here is wishing everyone many miles of healthy, happy, safe and thrilling motoring with good Karma, Ross

PS: when adjusting my settings, i took the gauge lighting off of parade and onto "3" and got center console and cupholder lighting...i had seen some threads about that and hope this helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Ross a klein said:
#1435 delivered today at 815pm pst to Palm Springs. WOW! Like many of my fellow owners, I was not able to drive my own car prior to delivery, and I have to tell everyone, that living vicariously through the pre-delivery was exciting and terrifying! lol, but it was truly Love at FIrst Drive tonight!
Voltaire (i know, very prius chat to name one's Karma) is SO beautiful in the night light and did everything to spec for the first 45 miles :)
The sound and feeling is like nothing else, I currently have a rapide, vantage, evoque, ghost and a 69 E Type and I can honestly say this is beyond unique.
Took first drive to the new Siguaro Hotel in Palm Springs and was asked to park under the porte cochere by the valet which was terrific. Like many of you, the crowd is instant, large and smiling and taking photos. Oddly, many said "congratulations!" as if we were friends and this was an arrival of something anticipated by all.

Id like to thank Wimbledon, Nymsis and many others for their efforts on the Forum and assisting each of us through this new frontier. I always loved the Tucker, Chrysler Turbine and EV1 Stories (Who Killed the Electric Car is still an amazing film) and now feel like a part of the new lore.
Im buckled in for bugs and quirks but tonights thrill made it all worthwhile. Here is wishing everyone many miles of healthy, happy, safe and thrilling motoring with good Karma, Ross

PS: when adjusting my settings, i took the gauge lighting off of parade and onto "3" and got center console and cupholder lighting...i had seen some threads about that and hope this helps!
:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Ross a klein said:
Voltaire (i know, very prius chat to name one's Karma) is SO beautiful ...
Congratulations! Pics please! I think Voltaire is a brilliant name for your car. Can you get 8 letters on a custom license tag in California?

BTW, I don't think anyone was suggesting naming your Karma is Prius-like. In the original post regarding car names it misspelled "car" as "cat" and I guess the responder was suggesting that cat owners are likely to be Prius drivers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LonePalmBJ said:
Ross a klein said:
Voltaire (i know, very prius chat to name one's Karma) is SO beautiful ...
Congratulations! Pics please! I think Voltaire is a brilliant name for your car. Can you get 8 letters on a custom license tag in California?

BTW, I don't think anyone was suggesting naming your Karma is Prius-like. In the original post regarding car names it misspelled "car" as "cat" and I guess the responder was suggesting that cat owners are likely to be Prius drivers.



Thanks everyone, my typing is awful...I will find wombledons thread on how to post some pics today.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
Ross a klein said:
#1435 delivered today at 815pm pst to Palm Springs. WOW! Like many of my fellow owners, I was not able to drive my own car prior to delivery, and I have to tell everyone, that living vicariously through the pre-delivery was exciting and terrifying! lol, but it was truly Love at FIrst Drive tonight!
Voltaire (i know, very prius chat to name one's Karma) is SO beautiful in the night light and did everything to spec for the first 45 miles :)
The sound and feeling is like nothing else, I currently have a rapide, vantage, evoque, ghost and a 69 E Type and I can honestly say this is beyond unique.
Took first drive to the new Siguaro Hotel in Palm Springs and was asked to park under the porte cochere by the valet which was terrific. Like many of you, the crowd is instant, large and smiling and taking photos. Oddly, many said "congratulations!" as if we were friends and this was an arrival of something anticipated by all.

Id like to thank Wimbledon, Nymsis and many others for their efforts on the Forum and assisting each of us through this new frontier. I always loved the Tucker, Chrysler Turbine and EV1 Stories (Who Killed the Electric Car is still an amazing film) and now feel like a part of the new lore.
Im buckled in for bugs and quirks but tonights thrill made it all worthwhile. Here is wishing everyone many miles of healthy, happy, safe and thrilling motoring with good Karma, Ross

PS: when adjusting my settings, i took the gauge lighting off of parade and onto "3" and got center console and cupholder lighting...i had seen some threads about that and hope this helps!
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. Although we do accept your narrative as true for now, one of the foundational rules of this forum is "No Picture = Didn't Happen", so please post a few photos when you get a few minutes. Also, feel free to post a photo of our other cars too, that seems like quite a garage.

Regarding the cup holder lights, they usually come on and turn off with the interior lights, for example when you open the car doors. They are not normally on when the car is operating. I had not noticed them coming on when adjusting the lighting level but that is interesting.

Once again, welcome to the forum.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
585 Posts
Congratulations Ross, I'm glad to hear the Karma proved so enjoyable among the other outstanding vehicles in your collection.

Voltaire is a fitting name. I enjoyed your comment of "the new lore" -- the Karma is truly at the cutting edge of motoring.

To assist with posting your photos, here is our short tutorial:
http://fiskerbuzz.com/forums/Thread-Tutorial-how-to-share-images-in-your-posts

Supporting Members also have the option to directly attach images to their posts, which is an easier process:
http://fiskerbuzz.com/forums/Thread-New-Supporting-Member-upgrade
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fabulist said:
Ross a klein said:
#1435 delivered today at 815pm pst to Palm Springs. WOW! Like many of my fellow owners, I was not able to drive my own car prior to delivery, and I have to tell everyone, that living vicariously through the pre-delivery was exciting and terrifying! lol, but it was truly Love at FIrst Drive tonight!
Voltaire (i know, very prius chat to name one's Karma) is SO beautiful in the night light and did everything to spec for the first 45 miles :)
The sound and feeling is like nothing else, I currently have a rapide, vantage, evoque, ghost and a 69 E Type and I can honestly say this is beyond unique.
Took first drive to the new Siguaro Hotel in Palm Springs and was asked to park under the porte cochere by the valet which was terrific. Like many of you, the crowd is instant, large and smiling and taking photos. Oddly, many said "congratulations!" as if we were friends and this was an arrival of something anticipated by all.

Id like to thank Wimbledon, Nymsis and many others for their efforts on the Forum and assisting each of us through this new frontier. I always loved the Tucker, Chrysler Turbine and EV1 Stories (Who Killed the Electric Car is still an amazing film) and now feel like a part of the new lore.
Im buckled in for bugs and quirks but tonights thrill made it all worthwhile. Here is wishing everyone many miles of healthy, happy, safe and thrilling motoring with good Karma, Ross

PS: when adjusting my settings, i took the gauge lighting off of parade and onto "3" and got center console and cupholder lighting...i had seen some threads about that and hope this helps!
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. Although we do accept your narrative as true for now, one of the foundational rules of this forum is "No Picture = Didn't Happen", so please post a few photos when you get a few minutes. Also, feel free to post a photo of our other cars too, that seems like quite a garage.

Regarding the cup holder lights, they usually come on and turn off with the interior lights, for example when you open the car doors. They are not normally on when the car is operating. I had not noticed them coming on when adjusting the lighting level but that is interesting.

Once again, welcome to the forum.
"although we accept your narrative as true for now" really?
I will do my best on the photobucket, i wasn't aware there was an integrity of ownership clause on the forum.
photobucket.com/albums/gg488/rossaklein there will be one titled VOLTAIRE if i can figure it out, thanks, R
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
Ross a klein said:
"although we accept your narrative as true for now" really?
I will do my best on the photobucket, i wasn't aware there was an integrity of ownership clause on the forum.
photobucket.com/albums/gg488/rossaklein there will be one titled VOLTAIRE if i can figure it out, thanks, R
Here you go. Didn't find the one called "Voltaire" but picked the three photos I liked. Compliments of your humble moderator. And a guy who calls his car "Voltaire" should be be surprised that this august forum has high ethical standards. :D





 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks fab, I'm honest but lo tech.... Sirius installed like a breeze ;)[hr]
Photobucket/karmavoltaire[hr]
All styles are good except the tiresome kind ...Voltaire. perfect for Fisker. Thank Henrik and team.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top