Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out my dealer Prestige Jaguar in Paramus NJ is no longer a Fisker dealer. I had called to see if they could still do service work even if I pay out of pocket. They said no and gave me number to Fisker HQ, where no one answers. Anyone in northern NJ, southern NY or western CT know of a dealer that still has staff that is willing to do work, even if I have to pay out of pocket? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that kman100. Prestige Jaguar in NJ certainly doesn't have much prestige themselves. They sell you a car, but when the going gets tough don't back up their sale.

I suggest you tell everyone and anyone you know how reliable that dealership is. We have choices, and that is only one of many places to buy a Jaguar. I wouldn't want to buy a car from them, and I doubt anyone who learns how they have treated you will either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not trying to slam anyone I was just trying to explain the situation. Actually, I bought it from Bergen Jaguar which then got sold to Prestige. Anyway, what state is Wilmimgton in? Hopefully not DE. I will also try the Miller one. Any others? I would appreciate it. Also does anyone know if touch up paint is available out there, inferno?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am not trying to slam anyone I was just trying to explain the situation. Actually, I bought it from Bergen Jaguar which then got sold to Prestige. Anyway, what state is Wilmimgton in? Hopefully not DE. I will also try the Miller one. Any others? I would appreciate it. Also does anyone know if touch up paint is available out there, inferno?
Last time I passed Miller Motors in Greenwich CT I noticed the Fisker sign had been removed. I believe they moved the Fisker service from Greenwich to their Shop on Magee Ave In Stamford CT. You can make an appointment on their site http://www.millermotorcars.com/schedule-appointment.htm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Follow up; I spoke to service rep. at Miller Motors in CT, and he, unlike my prior dealer, was very understanding of the situation. Although they are officially not Fisker dealers anymore, they are trying to work with their clients that purchased cars from their dealership. He said he would be willing to try to service my car for routing maintenance, with me paying of course, but could not guarantee anything, as there are very few parts to find. At least there is a glimmer of hope, and at least there are some dealers that appear to "get it" and try to work with us, as opposed to just turning their backs on us.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Follow up; I spoke to service rep. at Miller Motors in CT, and he, unlike my prior dealer, was very understanding of the situation. Although they are officially not Fisker dealers anymore, they are trying to work with their clients that purchased cars from their dealership. He said he would be willing to try to service my car for routing maintenance, with me paying of course, but could not guarantee anything, as there are very few parts to find. At least there is a glimmer of hope, and at least there are some dealers that appear to "get it" and try to work with us, as opposed to just turning their backs on us.
They are very good. Not cheap but very good none the less. I bought my 612 Scaglietti there and the service has been outstanding. Good Luck getting the Fisker serviced. My Fisker is approaching the 5000 miles. I am thinking of changing the oil myself Not sure what else is required.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
They are very good. Not cheap but very good none the less. I bought my 612 Scaglietti there and the service has been outstanding. Good Luck getting the Fisker serviced. My Fisker is approaching the 5000 miles. I am thinking of changing the oil myself Not sure what else is required.
It's a GM motor pick up a Filter also and change that other then topping off all the fluids that's all the car needs

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
It's a GM motor pick up a Filter also and change that other then topping off all the fluids that's all the car needs
Harleyguy, Do you think that all RDMs/traction motors will fail in the lower VINs (ie less than 1,000)? Is it just a matter of time?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Harley could you please post the filter part number so owners can get this part (and any others you think would be needed regularly) ourselves?

Thank you so much for your continued contributions to this community.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It's hard to say "All" will fail. It's a possibility to watch out for though. Since you're in LA, if you'd like to meet up sometime and I can take a listen to the RDM, it's no problem. Just shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree. There was a definite point in the building of the cars that the RDM clip was updated at the manufacturer. All the RDM's manufactured after that point, and thus put into cars built after that point, are much less likely to face an RDM that grinds it's housing out from the inside and breaking its park pawl. The same for the soft splines on the traction motors. Both of those major issues are much less likely to crop up in the later VINs.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree. There was a definite point in the building of the cars that the RDM clip was updated at the manufacturer. All the RDM's manufactured after that point, and thus put into cars built after that point, are much less likely to face an RDM that grinds it's housing out from the inside and breaking its park pawl. The same for the soft splines on the traction motors. Both of those major issues are much less likely to crop up in the later VINs.
less likely but not 100%

1 - 20 of 40 Posts