Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it is over. WE successfully coordinated a site visit by Lormax to service several of us here in Scottsdale/Phoenix. He drive out with parts and we used a do-it-yourself garage. Needless to say the guys working at the garage loved the sight of multiple karmas pulling in over 2 days- many had not seen them. Lormax conquered everything including software update for the CIU (which makes it much better to see in the sun and at night- better layout and colors), switched out modules, did full diagnostics and checked all logged faults, did carbon fiber, pull rings, AC modules, new fans etc. Pretty much the only thing he would not have been able to do would be HV replacement and luckily nobody had that issue. Learned a ton about the car as well since we can stay in the garage and help and see more of how this thing is put together and what issues may arise. Great guy, ethical, knowledgable (as most of us know by his posts) and his passion for the karma is obvious. Never tried to up-sell any fixes or overcharge. Just all around great experience and puts my mind at ease now for service issues. Unfortunately, as a result of an "incident" which I am not at liberty to mention on the site (he can always give you the info) Fisker will no longer sell parts to him- only dealers can get parts so that may jack the prices up some since there now is another middle-man. Nice to give him some paid business given he has provided much free info on this forum. I encourage all to do the same if needed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
What was this software update? 510? Or the day/nighttime CIU themes?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the CIU day/night scheme. Much better as far as contrast in all light and automatically changes even when pulling into a garage. Much faster touch response as well. Takes getting used to after looking at the old version for 18 months but I like the features. Not cheap and does not add any major features. Does make it easier to scroll through options

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
It was the CIU day/night scheme. Much better as far as contrast in all light and automatically changes even when pulling into a garage. Much faster touch response as well. Takes getting used to after looking at the old version for 18 months but I like the features. Not cheap and does not add any major features. Does make it easier to scroll through options
Is this the not-officially-released post-510 software? I thought that software had not been validated by time FA went dark. Or is it the brightness setting in 510?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is new software that I think was developed by FA and then never released it was installed on someone's Karma and since they did not report any bugs, I chose to have it installed. Can always go back to the old version. I am not sure of how it "escaped" FA but Lormax has it available but it is on "loan" to him. He knows the source but it is not his so much of the cost goes to the owner who very well may have hijacked it from FA. I really don't know details.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
It is new software that I think was developed by FA and then never released it was installed on someone's Karma and since they did not report any bugs, I chose to have it installed. Can always go back to the old version. I am not sure of how it "escaped" FA but Lormax has it available but it is on "loan" to him. He knows the source but it is not his so much of the cost goes to the owner who very well may have hijacked it from FA. I really don't know details.
If that's the case, I think the Northern California Fisker Owners need to take up a collection and invite @Lormax over for an upgrade party.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I think you should. Fisker has abandoned owners so we are left to end for ourselves. The field is wide open and since they will not provide even any communication, let alone service, anything goes and Lormax has put his neck on the line to support us -with free advice and solutions. It is only fair to hire him to do whatever he can with limited parts etc.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is just a CIU update to my knowledge and will not affect anything else. I have not seen any issues at all other than the appearance of the CIU Reported to be installed on someone's car for a month and no issues. Always a chance but am also told it is reversible

·
Registered
996 Posts
This is just a CIU update to my knowledge and will not affect anything else. I have not seen any issues at all other than the appearance of the CIU Reported to be installed on someone's car for a month and no issues. Always a chance but am also told it is reversible
Can you post some pics of the UI?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm going to play devils advocate here....

But are you admitting that you received stolen property from Lormax?

You may want to consider the legal and monetary ramifications from a cash desperate company such as Fisker.....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have no information that this is stolen at all. Lormax received it from someone else and to my knowledge he was never told it was stolen. It had been installed on several cars- by whom I don't know- but it was made available. Given that FA and the dealer network have abandoned owners with no recourse to service a car with which we are entitled to warranty service- and we are incurring significant service charges because of their blatant and gross negligence without so much as a letter to owners stating the current state of affairs, then whether it be parts or software that becomes available, and we have no way to know the source, there is nothing wrong with owners having it installed.

If any parts/software etc is found to be "stolen" as you say, then the person who actually did the "stealing" would have to deal with FA. I think that would be more of an issue for major parts than CIU software that is primarily aesthetic and minimally enhances function.

FA has much more to worry about at this stage, especially with owners. I would think they would rather owners keep the cars on the road and remain happy with the car and try to maintain some sort of positive reputation for the product, even though the company has lost credibility, as have the executive team- and anybody left for that matter. It has been the owners that have kept any chance of FA being acquired even on the table. I would imagine that anyone who was even making an offer for FA would not consider it if all of the owners hated their cars, traded them in and all were off the road- that would be even a bigger challenge to raise FA from the dead.

If any of the "stuff" installed on my car, or any other car was KNOWN to be stolen, I certainly would not use it and I do not think Lormax would either. My comments may have been mis-interpreted- and I can certainly see that- but "stolen" has never been a concern. For all I know, the person who loaned Lormax the software came about it quite legally- maybe they even own it outright, developed it or whatever..no idea. What I was told was that Lormax was allowed to install it and he does not own the tool to do it- period.

SO here are the pictures

Attachments

1 - 20 of 67 Posts