Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF Lormax or Harleyguy have been giving you any personal help via PM, email or phone, don't forget to give them a "thank you" of some sort- plenty of e-gift cards out there-especially Lormax who is now trying to actually scratch out a living helping us. AND if they actually work on your car, make it worth their time- we need them available to us all and they have never asked for anything in return- probably have put many minds at ease.

Lormax is making a trip out to AZ to check over and do some work on AZ Karmas (I think 4-6). Will post issues and pictures after the EVENT. We are not alone...

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Talk Bosal to me!

@Lormax, since you are doing this for a living, you may want to consider setting up a pay-per-minute 900 line, so that you are not giving your time away for free. Just speaking for myself, I think I would feel a lot better about calling you with questions if I am paying for your time. When no one is calling about their Karmas, you can operate the Hot Karma Chat line.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Fab- if you feel better, just send him something if you do speak to him- problem with 900 line is that he may start whispering weird things to you and then all of a sudden rumors start spreading and the Karma gets a bad name..

·
Registered
261 Posts
The Karma is like a high price call girl. Gorgeous on the outside, and a bitch inside.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Please explain client#9 must of missed something
Client #9 was Former NY Governor, Elliot Spitzer's code name in a prostitution indictment. He was not charged, but identified as one of the clients.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As long as it is not protected IP and was available publicly, I imagine you would be fine HG. But I am sure we have a lawyer on the site somewhere - he has just not said anything for fear of ridicule. LOL

·
Registered
272 Posts
You can always sell the thumb drive with a markup and as a bonus get the data for free.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Thanks Sportsmeddoc and everyone else! A 900 line, ha! I'll have my g/f answer during off hours and talk mechanic to you..."I need my fluids checked, but forgot my dipstick...can we use yours?". Anyway :)

I'll always offer my advice and such for free. Most of you have my phone # now, feel free to use it. You can always contact me here or via my site as well. Sportsmeddoc is right, I'm doing strictly Karma independently now for a living. Once I figure out how to add a 'Donate via Paypal' button to the site, I'll have that up as well.

The Arizona event will be happening late June, 28-29 (I'll be driving out the 27th). We'll be meeting up at a shop in Mesa that allows lift time to be rented, so that all the cars that show up can be worked on that day. Anyone is welcome! If I haven't already contacted you and you're interested in coming out, shoot me a PM and at the minimum leave me your email address. I'll put up a new thread in the near future for the event as well.

·
Registered
546 Posts
@Fab- if you feel better, just send him something if you do speak to him- problem with 900 line is that he may start whispering weird things to you and then all of a sudden rumors start spreading and the Karma gets a bad name..
"...whispering weird things to you..."
"...Karma gets a bad name..."

No homophobia present in that statement Sportsmeddoc. Nope, none at all. :mad:

·
Registered
854 Posts
"...whispering weird things to you..."
"...Karma gets a bad name..."

No homophobia present in that statement Sportsmeddoc. Nope, none at all. :mad:
Perhaps you're more sensitive to that sort of thing, but I didn't detect anything homophobic in that post. Just an allusion to the stigma associated with phone sex in general, hetero or otherwise. As for the Karma getting a bad name, that ship has sailed.

Now for a very special message from the Village People:

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
^^^^^ This. Was. Awesome! ^^^^^​

·
Registered
546 Posts
Perhaps you're more sensitive to that sort of thing, but I didn't detect anything homophobic in that post. Just an allusion to the stigma associated with phone sex in general, hetero or otherwise. As for the Karma getting a bad name, that ship has sailed.

Now for a very special message from the Village People:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hYtUYiuzkw
Okay, now *that* is funny!!!! :D:D:D

If I am reading it correctly--and I believe I am--Sportsmeddoc's comment implies that 2 men whispering sweet nothings to each other is 'weird'. That is patently homophobic. And while I realize it is meant in jest, it is still offensive.

Saying someone is more sensitive about homophobia than most is another way of saying they are overly sensitive. I don't believe I am overly sensitive about the topic. I sat through a 2 hour comedy gig in Hollywood last night and nearly every comedian (all straight) did a bit about gay guys. I laughed my ass off and wasn't offended even once.

I would say I am more *attuned* to homophobia than the average heterosexual. After all, most of you have never experienced prejudice based on your sexual orientation. Let me assure you as someone who has encountered such bias numerous times (including threats of physical violence), it *sucks*. So I point it out whenever I encounter it as a way of raising consciousness.

But really, the last thing I want to do is hijack a thread devoted to Harleyguy and Lormax. I suggest we all get back to singing their praises and trying to find ways to help them as much as they help us.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wasn't saying you were overly sensitive, just that you're probably "more attuned" than I (which is exactly what you just said). Really, though, the context was a 900 line. So the post was clearly about "Hot Karma Chat" leading to phone sex. The fact that it was two men didn't even occur to me. I'm in the SF bay area and spend most of my time on a college campus. We're pretty accepting around here.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ wierd fishes: Sorry you were offended. was directed at phone sex in general - no need to over-read into anything. never even crossed my mind that it would be misinterpreted like that. what a shame how people tend to think that way form the beginning- that, to me, is reverse bigotry. Don't always assume.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts