Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I am new to the forum and not yet a Fisker owner, but I am really hoping to be very soon. My husband and I have been long time admirers of the car since seeing one for the first time during a trip to Southern Cali in 2012.
I think it is finally my time and I have been doing as much research as I can to figure out what I need to look for in my purchase.

One question I have right now and I am really confused about it is getting a "certified" car. If I find a car I like through an individual or a dealer that is not an "authorized" Fisker dealership can you still get a warranty?

Is this something that I should let influence my decision enough to walk away from a car I really like based on it not having a warranty?

Thank you so much for your input. I value your opinions so much knowing that you are enthuasists and owners of this beautiful automobiles. I hope I will be joining those ranks very soon!

Best,
Jessy

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Hi all!
I am new to the forum and not yet a Fisker owner, but I am really hoping to be very soon. My husband and I have been long time admirers of the car since seeing one for the first time during a trip to Southern Cali in 2012.
I think it is finally my time and I have been doing as much research as I can to figure out what I need to look for in my purchase.

One question I have right now and I am really confused about it is getting a "certified" car. If I find a car I like through an individual or a dealer that is not an "authorized" Fisker dealership can you still get a warranty?

Is this something that I should let influence my decision enough to walk away from a car I really like based on it not having a warranty?

Thank you so much for your input. I value your opinions so much knowing that you are enthuasists and owners of this beautiful automobiles. I hope I will be joining those ranks very soon!

Best,
Jessy
The extended warranty program offer is over, but I thought it was being reworked.?.
@Harleyguy & @FiskerPhilly are 2 people that would know and have the knowledge. Depending where you live, you might want to talk to them about purchasing from them. I almost did.

I can speak to my personal experience as I just bought last month. I bought from a private party. I researched the car and it was well maintained. You are buying a used car, but a lot of these cars have under 15K miles. There is a car here in Canton, GA that has under 100 miles and was never registered! Find one you like, if it's local take it to a CSP call the local CSP and see what they know about it.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Buy mine - Earth, Black interior, 20k miles Serviced by Joe.

14k trouble free miles in a year and a half

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Or pay a CSP tech to come out and check out the car for you. You should spend hundreds to avoid paying thousands.
Heres one problem even if we check out a Karma before you buy one .
We're unable to see inside a RDM or a traction motor we can check what we see and look at certain data using the laptop . Sure we can look under the car and see if the RDM is leaking or if the car has an original muffler . Customers need to know we can only check so much and i tell them that up front .
I know if a car is bought and it checks out when we look at it and a week or a month later it blows a traction motor we are the first to get blamed . It's human nature to blame someone else .

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Heres one problem even if we check out a Karma before you buy one .
We're unable to see inside a RDM or a traction motor we can check what we see and look at certain data using the laptop . Sure we can look under the car and see if the RDM is leaking or if the car has an original muffler . Customers need to know we can only check so much and i tell them that up front .
I know if a car is bought and it checks out when we look at it and a week or a month later it blows a traction motor we are the first to get blamed . It's human nature to blame someone else .
Which is exactly why I stopped helping people sell their Karma on consignment. I was always on the hook for any problems. The buyer would feel as if I blessed the car since I was selling it for someone.
For this reason I sell all of my own cars with warranties now, either certified or basic powertrain. It eliminates the "is it a good car?" And the "what if something goes wrong with it?"
I simply put the extra money and upgrades into the car. Yes the price goes up, but if you're looking for a cheap one frankly you shouldn't be buying one. I had a fairly local guy call me the other day to look up a VIN for a 30000 mile car at a used car lot. I told him I have the same color combo car here and he said I'd never pay what you're asking this one's much cheaper.. boy I can't wait til he brings that car here for service ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts